300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Leandro PD

Is anyone here testing or has been through the process for SLPD? I'm going for the written on 7/28. I read that they are looking to hire 9 new officers. From what I hear, it's a great department to work for, crime is relatively low for being right next to Oakland. If anyone has any 411 about the department in general, it would be appreciated, thanks!

Here's a link to a 2007/2008 report on SLPD.
    http://www.ci.san-leandro.ca.us/agen...20080114pd.pdf

Passed the written, onto the PAT 8/18. Got a ride along today. Anybody else have any progress/411?

Comment

Hello,

Congrats Miller Time! I took the test too. Hopefully I should find out how I did today.
      Can I ask how you did on the test? Does it show ranking or percentage score?
      Thanks

Comment

It just says "you received a qualifying score" on the letter for the written. I thought I did well on the test personally. The ride along was great, very professional department, a great experience. Good luck hoopa!

Comment

Passed the PAT, onto the oral board. Anybody else?

On a side note, has anybody been through the Alameda County academy? I heard that it is no joke. I was talking to a Sunnyvale PD guy recently at SCCJ booking, he said it's pretty hardcore. Anybody care to give some insight? Thanks!
          Last edited by Miller Time; 08-17-2008, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Congratulations Miller Time! That's awesome you did so well.
            As for me though, the San Leandro PD test was the 6th written that I have taken and the only one that I have ever failed (or ever recieved lower than a 92 to be exact) and I missed it by a measely 3%!
            I know somebody pretty high up in the department and he has told me alot about what goes on there, and I will tell you one thing: I believe that, in the end, this will be the best carrear decision you will have ever made, getting into this department. So, best of luck on that.
            If I may ask: how many people were there for the physical test?
            When I called, the amazing lady that answered told me that if they weed out too many people in the rest of the testing process, because I missed out on the written by so little, I still may have a shot!
            Take care and good luck.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the test hoopa. Ya, the written was an interesting test for sure, not the average POST test. When I was at the PAT, there were about 30-40 total, when I left there were some (5 or 6) going in for the test. I can imagine the pool of applicants is still 100+. Some people didn't pass the physical though, the dummy drag, overall time and 6ft wall stopped a couple people. Best of luck to you bro, a lot of depts are hiring, I'm sure you'll find the right one.

Comment

Miller Time,

How are you doing in the SLPD process?
                On to the oral board now?
                Good luck with everything.

Comment

Just had the oral interview today, thought I did ok. But we'll see in a couple weeks I guess. Thanks for the encourgement hoopa .

What other agencies are you putting in for?

Comment

Hey,

I'm sure that you did great on the oral board. Let me know when you find out, ok?
                    I am currently in the process for a few departments in CA, NV, TX and maybe NY also. Something has to work eventually.
                    Good luck!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6115 users online. 344 members and 5771 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X