Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Admins: Longtime members deserve an explanation.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admins: Longtime members deserve an explanation.

Regarding "wanne be cop". I and excomptoncop have both brought up conflicting statements that "wanna be cop" has posted. After I posted my questions excompton cop sent me a PM saying his posts (in another previous thread) on the topic were removed. Now I look and see that mine have been removed as well. This is without any PM from admin explaining why.

I believe that our little community of So Cal cops should be able to verify conflicting statements made in our section. We get the run around at work, why are we getting it in "our" community?

So, what the status of wanna be cop?

Originally posted by Wanna Be Cop
    I'm no cop, but I think those penalties are pretty tough. Looking from the outside in, I would think COPS would lookout for each other since no one else will. I tell friends and family I want to be a cop and most don't like it. I think its one of the most hated profession you can have. But, we expect them (cops) to be superman, like their not human too. Oh well...I guess. I still wanna be a cop (as you can tell).
    How is 6 extra weeks of training the same? I havent been in a academy, but I would think someone with 6 extra weeks of training would be better trained then someone without the 6 weeks.... But, what do I know...I'm just a student.
    Hey guys... I would like to know if anyone knows anything about the appeal process? I was just DQ for ommitting some information regarding agencies I applied with. This was a misunderstanding and I will appeal it. Do anyone know any stories about someone appealing a DQ for this reason or any reason other then a Psy test? if so, what chances do I have? Thanks guys
    How long is San Bernardino and Riverside Sheriff's FTO training? Do they bounce you around different FTO's every month or every two months? I hear most FTO trainings are 4 to 6 months.
    Thanks for your advice, but I am applying as a Pre-Service and I won't be seeing another academy anytime soon I hope or ever for that matter.

I was told by my BI that I won't be going to courts, or jails. Now I don't know if he has the authority or not, but I'm just going by what they tell me.
    Two recent deleted posts he said, "We point guns at people everday", and something to the effect of, "I was in FTO program in a City similar to Inglewood." He also updated his profile to read "left FTO program".

It would be nice to know whats the deal here, and why when reported as suspicious by longtime members, the posts go away but he stays.

BTW: I copied and saved this post in Word in case it goes the way of the others.

Edit: and I posted this thread to make sure it's not an "off topic" deletion issue. This IS the topic now.
    Last edited by hbliam; 07-24-2008, 07:31 PM.

Thanks for asking. I too have noticed that several of my posts have been deleted....

Would like to know what happened.
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    --Winston Churchill--

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Comment

I would hate to find out he is an LEO, or will become one. When I become an officer, I would not like having someone like that as a cover unit or even worse, a partner...

Comment

Good questions - and although I'd have prefered to get this kind of question in a PM, we can deal with it in an open forum.

The short answer is: I'm still trying to figure out what his deal is. I got the impression from one of the posts that excomptoncop knew what the situation was and I just read a PM from him explaining that he really doesn't. Apparently all of wannabecop's statements COULD be true in certain situations but something still seems fishy to users who should know.

The reason the posts "disappear" from the board is this: when someone reports a post - which more often than not means they are reporting a user for an infraction which may sometimes be simple lying - I get an email. That email has a link to the post. Since so many people quote pieces of THAT post, there is no sense in deleting the reported post without also deleting all the posts that quote it. And, since so many of those situations make a thread devolve into nothing more than a ****ing contest, I end up deleting a bunch of posts in a given thread to remove the ****ing contest and try to get the thread cleaned up and back on track.

Here's my other reality: wannabecop, as of right now, IS NOT authorized to post in any restricted section. However, if he chooses to come on the board and say things that make himself look goofy, that's his prerogative. I'd advise ignoring him rather than arguing or fighting with him. If he replies in any restricted section then I'll delete those posts and ban him as I would any other. If he makes anti-LE statements then PLEASE report him so I can ban him from the board.

Final note: I'm not perfect and I don't do this 24/7. I do have a full time job that eats up my days. Maintaining the forum is attached to the full time job but there's no way I can spend my days surfing the forums being the thread police. That's why I depend on users to report infractions. What others see as infractions I may not; What annoys others may not break any posting rules so it (sometimes unfortunately) stays up on the board.

For now, wannabecop is having to deal with his own conflicting statements. If you don't want to be involved in his conversations because you never know what's going to happen, avoid them. People come to forums for interaction. If there isn't any interaction then I imagine his involvement will steadily decline.

If all that doesn't satisfy your questions, please PM me for further. As much as the man's own statements have made people question him on the board, I'd prefer to handle this type of communication in PM rather than on the open forum. The reason I was willing to do so this time is because it allowed me to explain the "behind the scenes" operations on cleaning up posts, deleting posts, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by LACountypolice4evr
          you should get some of our sworn, members from O.com who have 1,000+ posts, to help you keep O.com a clean, safe community. The Officer .com Troll Police. Just something to consider.
          That's the whole point of the "report post" function.

I think Frank's done a great job of shutting folks down in a timely manner.
          Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

My posts got deleted as well.

Comment

Originally posted by frankborelli View Post
              Good questions - and although I'd have prefered to get this kind of question in a PM, we can deal with it in an open forum.
              Thanks for the response. This didn't get handled in PM because: A- I didn't know exactly who to PM, and B- I used the report post function and then everything got deleted, so I wanted this out in the open.

And now we have a fourth user that had his posts deleted that concerned wanna be's status.

I agree that it's up to wanna be to explain the posts to us.

Comment

Wanna be:

First, the problem, in my opinion, was that when I asked on the other thread everything got deleted. Then I find out that the same thing happened (deleted) before. That doesn't usually happen around here and I wanted to know what was going on.

Second, drop the "lets be adults" admonishment. You are the one that started this whole problem with posting up conflicting statements. I re-read the "I've never been to an academy" post, and can't see where your explanation on why you said that makes any sense whatsoever. I can tell from your latest post you feel backed into a corner. Unfortunately you put yourself there. That's what usually happens when you aren't honest with people.

I can remember several guys in the past that have taken non-traditional routes in police work posting up on this board. They were never given a hard time because they told us up front what their status was. I have several friends that failed an FTO program and are doing great at another agency. Nothing wrong with that either.

Finally, regarding you not wanting to give your resume to people you don't know. That's fine, but then you can't post up post conflicting statements and expect us not have questions. Also please don't post comments that include a "we" reference with regards to the police. If and when you get hired again you can lump yourself in with the rest of us.

Comment

Frank -
                  Thank you for taking the time to explain this. At least now I know what happened to my posts, and if it happens in the future, I won't have to wonder why.....
                  Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
                  --Winston Churchill--

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Comment

"Also please don't post comments that include a "we" reference with regards to the police. If and when you get hired again you can lump yourself in with the rest of us."

With all due respect:

I believe that would be my choice to use the word "we" or not. I am still part of the Law Enforcement family because I work for a Law Enforcement agency and I don't have to be a Police Officer to use the word "we" either. And when I use the word "we" I use it as a general term for Law Enforcement Personnel, sworn or not.

But I do understand why anyone could be confused, and thats why I gave an explaination for my conflicting statement, weather you believe it or not.
                    You haven't explained anything. Now you have added that you work for an agency but failed to say in what capacity.

Comment

I think it'd be smart to have cops as moderators on a cop forum, it'd give em something to do when they're bored or at a red light (just kidding) and cracking down on anti-le statements and such since there is a bunch of cops here and none of them will put up with it.

Comment

So, you were hired, I'm going to guess that you graduated from the academy (since you were in the FTU), but quit to take a part time job so that you could finish your degree. Do I have that right?

Because if I do, that makes absolutely no sense at all!

Comment

this cat seems fishy...
                          Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

Please don't feed the troll. This is the epitome of trolling.

Comment

*sniff sniff sniff* Does anyone smell salmon? I smell salmon.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4676 users online. 307 members and 4369 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X