Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical Exam

Hello,

On 28 July 2008, I'm taking the Medical exam for the San Diego Sheriff's Department. I was wondering how minutes are you required to stay on the treadmill to pass the Cardio portion of the exam.

In closing, anyone attending the 29 AUG San Diego Sheriff's Department academy(Detentions/Courts)?

Take Care and Stay Safe

You are required to be on the treadmill for as long as it takes your heart rate to reach 190. To pass you must be able to be on it for 10 minutes. It starts off at a walk and the speed and incline increases every 2 minutes, I'm not sure what the max speed is but the max incline is 15%. I would guess that the max speed is something like 5 - 6 mph.
    I'll be in the Aug 29th academy.

Comment

What if your heart rate doesn't get to 190?
      In backgrounds ...

Comment

Originally posted by Copp'rPenny View Post
        What if your heart rate doesn't get to 190?
        I'd be willing to bet they can get it to 190

Comment

You must be in shape! This guy that I know (who is not overweight) did not pass it the first time. He did admit he was not in shape when he tested the first time. Then they gave him another chance to come back in two or three weeks and pass with flying colors. Remember exercise all you can since all you got now is the medical. Just me 2cts!

Comment

Originally posted by cdj424 View Post
            You are required to be on the treadmill for as long as it takes your heart rate to reach 190. To pass you must be able to be on it for 10 minutes. It starts off at a walk and the speed and incline increases every 2 minutes, I'm not sure what the max speed is but the max incline is 15%. I would guess that the max speed is something like 5 - 6 mph.

Hello,

Are you allowed to place your hands on the treadmill and do they consider your age when grading the test?

GOD is good.

Take Care and Stay Safe

Comment

The Dr administering my test said he rarely sees anyone make it past 15 minutes, but he did say that he saw one person make it 21 minutes and he said he was shocked because by minute 10 your at a 15% grade. I made it 13.5 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by cdj424 View Post
                Hello,

Thanks, for replying back. I've been using the "Bruce Protocol" that is listed in the CA Post. GOD willing, I will see you in the 29 AUG academy.

GOD is good.

Take Care and Stay Safe.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6704 users online. 358 members and 6346 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X