X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leif
    replied
    Originally posted by GB0610
    With the amount of openings they have, guys are getting sent to a ton of more rural places as well...

in regards to the pay parity with CHP, RUMOR has it that they are in talks to potentially merge the two depts.
    I'm pretty sure that was an internet joke. DFG + CHP = Fish n Chips

Leave a comment:

• pulicords
    replied
    DFG has always been CA's red headed step child. They are always understaffed, get the worst pay and benefits (compared to CHP and DOJ special agents) and underfunded as an agency. There's some good people working there, but it would be a very tough environment to stay in for a career. They seem to be treated very poorly by their state managers, the people they regularly come in contact with (violators, prosecutors and the courts don't take F&G violations very seriously) and often backup (if available at all) is a long ways away.

Leave a comment:

• Stugotz
    replied
    I've looked into DFG. Looks like a great gig but that damn pay disparity...

If you haven't already, check out these links to their self-produced expose:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2172431/Ca...-Warden-Expose

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2172522/Ca...-Expose-Update

I hope they can get it done!

Leave a comment:

• LeeRoy
    replied
    I've worked with them and looked into them in the past. Here are the good and bad that I see:

Good: Take home truck. Work out of home (must live in assigned patrol area). Lots of special assignments including boats, planes, and UC (working poaching operations).

Bad: Pay (but there has been a push for years for parity with the CHP - If they get it you'll have the best Wildlife gig in the country). Initial assignment is often an urban area such as LA or SF mostly working spills and such.

Leave a comment:

• wildlife97
    started a topic Ca Dfg

Ca Dfg

My career goal is to become a fish & wildlife officer (Game Warden). I live in Washington state and I am going to be finishing up with my AA in Criminal Justice next June. In WA you need to have a BA to be a game warden but in CA all you need is a AA or 60 semester hours. I was looking at CA Dept of Fish & Game and their law enforcement division. I have heard many bad things about the dept mainly their low pay (in WA a game warden starts out at about 50k in CA its about 40k). I have done some research on the agency and basically all I can find about their low pay, low budget and budget cutbacks. I have been told though that the outlook on their pay is looking brighter with the new POC bargaining unit working for them. So as an outsider looking in it looks kind of good. So for you guys down in CA that probably know the dept better than me, what do you people think of it? And is it worth my time applying and possibly moving down?
    Last edited by wildlife97; 07-24-2008, 04:05 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6256 users online. 346 members and 5910 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X