300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 417Lt View Post
    If your personal life can stand it, our Special Operations Unit (deep cover) has a spot for the OT fans. I've heard a common strategy is to get cash until your accountant says to stop, rack up comp time until your project is finished, then take the next 6 months off to burn your time banks down.
    Can anyone be guaranteed cash OT? Of course not. Things change from year to year. But I can say for a fact: Never say never.
    How many years on does it take to be part of the SOU?

Comment

Originally posted by wildlife97 View Post
      How many years on does it take to be part of the SOU?
      Getting into SOU can vary, depending on their needs. I'm sure you would have to be off probation, (a year) but an emphasis is placed on ability and a willingness to work under the most adverse conditions imaginable when required. When the positions are to be filled it is usually a competitive process but there may be special skills needed that would take priority.
      They use officers for all kinds of different projects and roles. It may be a few weeks or a year or more. Several officers I know have been in for 10 or more years now.
      Short answer: I lost a warden to SOU a few years ago and she had 3 years on. And, I know of an officer that was hired straight into SOU.

Comment

Originally posted by 417Lt View Post
        Can anyone be guaranteed cash OT? Of course not. Things change from year to year. But I can say for a fact: Never say never.
        Funny that !!! We have had ALOT of young officers join LAXPD 'cause they heard they could make $100-150K in their first few yrs( well it was TRUE from 1997 to 2004)- well,,"BOO-HOOO" and shame on them - guess they'll have to settle for that "measely $60-70k" they are FORCED to slave under ( all the while getting those 1/2 off In n' Out burgers from people who make min.wage

what happened to being a well trained professional with a CAREER
        "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

So any word on how the governor's recently announced budget cuts are going to impact DFG Enforcement?

Comment

Originally posted by wildlife97 View Post
            So any word on how the governor's recently announced budget cuts are going to impact DFG Enforcement?
            The executive order that drops most State employees to minimum wage until we have a budget won't apply to enforcement, the hatcheries, or the License and Revenue Branch.
            I suspect that when we do get a budget we will hear the same things we always hear after a long budget process. Then some programs will get hammered and others will never know anything happened. The truth is, there isn't much in Enforcement that can be cut.
            At the rate we are able to hire and train it will take a couple years just to catch up with what will happen in 2009. It's going to be another "Exodus" year.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4708 users online. 287 members and 4421 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X