300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone trying to get into SDPD?

Passed the written test last week and the PAT yesterday... just trying to see if anyone else on the board was there the past 2 weeks.

Now it is the waiting game and hope the don't dq me for previous terminations from jobs

Hey, i was there too. What day did you take the written, thurs?

Comment

I was at the PAT yesterday but for a different agency. I saw you had to do the O-course in the vests. How much time did they give you to pass?
      In backgrounds ...

Comment

I took the written on Saturday. How many people showed up Thursday for it?

Penny were you there for Carlsbad?

Yea they made us wear 3 pound vests and run the course in 3 and a half minutes.

I am worried about the PIQ and background. I am also gonna apply for Bakersfield Police Department

Comment

Originally posted by stojanowski View Post
          I took the written on Saturday. How many people showed up Thursday for it?

Penny were you there for Carlsbad?

Yea they made us wear 3 pound vests and run the course in 3 and a half minutes.

I am worried about the PIQ and background. I am also gonna apply for Bakersfield Police Department
          Bakersfield, eh? Not exactly next door! Good luck there.

Yep, Carlsbad. We had to do it in 3:30, too. Sadly, I missed the O-course by 10 seconds. Well, I'll definitely work out even harder now.

Even worse, HR sent us there at 0900, but the PAT was actually scheduled for 1530. I had another PAT that morning I skipped that I could've made. It was just the standard POST PAT, which I usually pass with ease. So yesterday was a doubly bad day.

And we heard that they filled their open positions with laterals, so the guys who passed are looking at the December academy at the earliest. I'm aiming for an October academy for sure.

I did, however, catch a movie while I waited.
          In backgrounds ...

Comment

Yea I saw you guys wandering around for a while...

I figure right now in San Diego all agencies except SDPD are only gonna do laterals. I know Coronado is doing their test at the end of the month but I figure they are only gonna hire Laterals from SDPD.

I know Bakersfield is far but I lived there part of last year and this year and enjoyed it and made good friends plus my tattoo artist is up their and we need to finish my sleeves.

Yea I finished in just under 3 minutes. It sucks I landed funny on the ball of my foot over the 6 foot wall and its really swollen right now and can hardly walk on it.

It was a lot harder than I thought it would be. Conventional work outs didn't help with it. The stationary bike, treadmill, and weight lifting at the gym didn't help. Good thing I also do trails out by my house and the elevation is 3500 so my lungs were semi alright

Comment

Yea I saw you guys wandering around for a while...

I figure right now in San Diego all agencies except SDPD are only gonna do laterals. I know Coronado is doing their test at the end of the month but I figure they are only gonna hire Laterals from SDPD.

I know Bakersfield is far but I lived there part of last year and this year and enjoyed it and made good friends plus my tattoo artist is up their and we need to finish my sleeves.

Yea I finished in just under 3 minutes. It sucks I landed funny on the ball of my foot over the 6 foot wall and its really swollen right now and can hardly walk on it.

It was a lot harder than I thought it would be. Conventional work outs didn't help with it. The stationary bike, treadmill, and weight lifting at the gym didn't help. Good thing I also do trails out by my house and the elevation is 3500 so my lungs were semi alright

Just FYI, some dept's have tattoo policies, including SDPD...

Comment

Yea I think you just have to cover them up. I remember my friend who was in SDPD was on CNN because of all of his tattoos and how they made him start wearing long sleeves and what not. He was done from his neck to his toes. 90,000 dollars worth it was insane

Comment

Originally posted by beachcop05 View Post
                  Just FYI, some dept's have tattoo policies, including SDPD...
                  long sleeves in the hot summer days

Comment

A lot of departments on the east coast will not hire anyone with tattoos. Even if you can cover them up. I always wanted one when I was younger but I'm glad I never got one.

Comment

California is pretty liberal... I am sure thats discrimination in one form or another.. Like I said my friend was covered from his neck to his toes and they just made him wear long pants and sleeves

Comment

So has anyone heard back from a B.I... The deadline was 2 weeks ago to turn in the packets, haven't heard anything either way

Comment

Good luck to you in Backgrounds. I recently spent 2 of the more painful months of my life there.

Comment

Originally posted by pescimove View Post
                            Good luck to you in Backgrounds. I recently spent 2 of the more painful months of my life there.
                            What do you mean? Painful as in waiting and hoping?

Comment

What do you mean? Painful as in waiting and hoping?
                              No, I wish it was that. Sorry to be so vague but if you'd like more details PM me. Best of luck to you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4391 users online. 276 members and 4115 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X