300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linving In San Jose

Anybody know what living in San Jose is like...Im looking to transfer out there. I'm wondering where the best places to live are. How much can I expect to pay for a nice 1 bedroom apartment. Currently living in New York City and have never been to San Jose:

I was paying 980 for a studio downtown SJ. Look around and you can find a decent 1 bedroom for around 1200. Try the surrounding cities as well, like Milpitas and Santa Clara, they are both nice cities to live, very clean.

Comment

Eastside is pretty bad so i would try to avoid that area. South San jose is nice and a ideal area to raise kids but its really expensive. If you want cheap rent try gilroy some officers i know commute from tracy or gilroy (pretty far). Overall San Jose is really a great place to live nice people and alot of diverse areas. I would give Milpitas,Santa Clara,Mountain View,Sunnyvale, and Cupertino a try kinda expensive but its a short commute to SJ.

P.S sorry for the run-on sentence kinda in a hurry but if you have any questions pm me ill try with the best of my knowledge to answer your questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Miller Time View Post
        I was paying 980 for a studio downtown SJ. Look around and you can find a decent 1 bedroom for around 1200. Try the surrounding cities as well, like Milpitas and Santa Clara, they are both nice cities to live, very clean.
        how do you like living downtown??

Comment

Originally posted by usndave03 View Post
          how do you like living downtown??
          Downtown living was good to me, I was single, so the bars and clubs were very close. Nice restaurants and local fast food is close, SJSU is downtown if you want to take a course. Although it can get loud and ghetto sometimes, as with any downtown setting. Rent has risen recently, I moved out a year ago, rent was 980, now it's 1150 I hear for that same apts.

Comment

I lived there for 3 years in downtown. Stay away from the eastside. The south is nice if you can afford it.

Comment

thanks for all the responses guys.

Comment

Housing.

USNDAVE,

If you are looking for housing in anticipation of getting on the job with SJPD I personally would look outside of downtown for a place. In my opinion downtown only offers one benefit and that is being close to the PD. Outside of that, The bars suck, The crowd is a mess (especially on Cinco/Mardi Gras) and general property crimes are pretty high...not to mention the amount of half way / placement homes in the downtown area for addicts and parolees alike. I would do myself a favor and look at cities like Campbell (great downtown bars/quiet city) or Los Gatos (good bars/better scenery) as both cities offer a reasonable (within 10 minute) drive to the PD, better clientele and are generally more peaceful in nature. If you must look in San Jose...North San Jose (First/Tasman) area has some nice condo/town home style apartments if you can't find something in the Alamden or Evergreen area.

Happy Hunting.
                Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
                Ronald Reagan

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3110 users online. 174 members and 2936 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X