300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applied Now what?

I applied to the departments I have my hopes set on, now what do I do. What is first if they are interested. an initial interview, post exam, i do not know?

Also can anyone explain how the retirement works I do not get this 3% or what ever this is.

Lastly where can I find information to study for the exams in the academy and this post exam?

chris

Originally posted by mrwonderful View Post
    I applied to the departments I have my hopes set on, now what do I do. What is first if they are interested. an initial interview, post exam, i do not know?

If your application is accepted, you will be given a test date for the written test. You may also be given information concerning further testing that may be required for entry level positions. If you are fortunate enough to pass on to a higher level of scrutiny and review, you will be afforded the opportunity to disclose, in depth, your background, health, and mental qualifications. You will be tested on your physical capabilities and your mental stability. If you are then hired, you will attend the academy of their choice, be placed into a probationary status and after a damning period of insecure, personal review, accepted to the brotherhood of law enforcement.

Also can anyone explain how the retirement works I do not get this 3% or what ever this is.

When you reach fifty years of age, with a minimum of twenty years service, you will receive a retirement based at 3% X 20 = 60% of your highest single year of salary. Therefore, if you retire at 30 years of service, you will receive 90% (generally the maximum).

Lastly where can I find information to study for the exams in the academy and this post exam?

The California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training site link follows.You will find pretty much all you will need, if you are qualified to test for commission. If you have never attended an academy, and, from your post I presume not, you will need to do so; ergo, the data you seek is included within the POST site.

chris
    http://www.post.ca.gov/
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4430 users online. 244 members and 4186 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X