300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irvine Pd or Newport Beach Pd??

Does anyone have any experience with either of these departments? What are the differences between these two departments. Which one would you test with? Why?

See the "anaheim pd info" thread below.

Comment

I just took the interview w/ Irvine last week...They weren't too thrilled that I was applying w/ LAPD. So you can guess that it didn't go over too well...

Comment

I've lived in Newport for 14 years. My interactions with them both as a resident and between my agency and theirs has always been very good.
        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

There are previous threads on both pd's.

Here is one for Irvine (there are other threads with commentary):

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...ghlight=irvine

Here is one for Newport (more threads if you search):

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...=newport+beach

I live outside CA, but I love both cities. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackavar
            Were they not thrilled because you were testing with a real department where you could be a cop and not a security guard?

Or were they not thrilled because you were testing with a department, any department, outside of the People's Republik of Irvine?
            Garden Grove is the same way....they won't talk to you unless you drop the other testing processes.

Comment

LOL...during the interview, you could literally cut the tension in the air...it was that awkward. The panel immediately said..."you realize Lapd & irvine are like night and day"...."why would you want to come here to Irvine?". I guess they didn't like my reasons and after a while, it seemed as if I was giving them all the reasons of why LAPD is a better fit...
              I've never walked out of an interview feeling as awkward as I did that day...but oh well, guess LAPD will be in my near future...
              BTW, they(irvine) still haven't emailed me the results of letting me know if i was in Tier 1 or 2.

Comment

Originally posted by IMachU View Post
                Garden Grove is the same way....they won't talk to you unless you drop the other testing processes.
                i dont blame them. i wouldnt want to waste my time, the depts time and money investigating an applicant and gettting to the end only to find out they were hired by another agency.
                Last edited by MT2658; 07-06-2008, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MT2658 View Post
                  i dont blame them. i wouldnt want to waste my time, the depts time and money investigating an applicant and gettting to the end only to find out they were hired by another agency.

It's pretty common for candidates these days to have applications out with numerous agencies...especially with the economy, nothing is guaranteed. I would think a majority of departments understand that too.
                  It is Attitude, not circumstance, that makes Success possible even in the most unlikely conditions.

Comment

I think they were more confused w/ why someone who had prior LE experience w/ LASD would want to apply w/ LAPD & Irvine simultaneously...

Comment

Originally posted by ChRdy21799 View Post
                      It's pretty common for candidates these days to have applications out with numerous agencies...especially with the economy, nothing is guaranteed. I would think a majority of departments understand that too.
                      as an applicant i agree but putting myself in their (dept's) shoes i can see why they dont.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7026 users online. 392 members and 6634 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X