300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huntington Beach or Garden Grove???

What are some pros & cons about the departments? I have applied for both but tests are scheduled on the same day!!!!
    FCPA Class #36

They are both great places to work (I have friends at both)

Allot of people say "they" are the last two places you can do "real" Police work in orange County.

Comment

Probably easier/quicker to get hired by GG but HB would be my choice. More money, more details, better enviroment/clientle.

Comment

Yeah I'm up in the air right now.... From what I see they are both good departments with their ups and downs! keep bringing the info!!!!
        FCPA Class #36

Comment

I work for GG and I would say all things being equal, HB...but there are some factors that might change that opinion. The biggest question is how many guys is HB hiring? They went thru a bad patch a few years ago but they seem to be going back to being a destination PD again. We are really really hiring, like right now hiring. We do BI's in a month then 3 weeks and you are on. If you dont have an academy we have a pre academy that makes the real academy a breeze. All our guys are at the top of their classes because while everyone else is on day one they are 3 weeks in.

One of our guys that just graduated told us that on his "Hell monday" he was just standig there watching everyone get jumped on. They tried him and couldnt get a single thing. They finally went up to him disgusted and said "GG have you done any push ups?" He says "No sir," so they unsnap his handcuff pouch and say "there, now do 25, your done, thats your hell monday"

This may all be true of HB, I really dont know. If it is, I say HB. But if they are only hiring a few guys and you are not a muslim trilingual female black lateral martial arts expert with a masters degree and a Basic POST then you might be waisting your time.

I also dont know that it is one or the other though. We do testing all the time. You should just call us and see when the next testing is. Do HB then getus next time, we will still probably hire you first.
          Last edited by Garbage Man; 04-04-2008, 10:24 AM.
          Originally posted by FJDave
          GM, you have just set the bar that much higher for the rest of us in our witty, sarcastic responses. I yield to you! Good job, kind Sir!

District B13
          "We are not cops nor Feds." yet he still poses as an officer Hmmmm

Grant us grace, fearlessly, to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression.--WWII memorial

"I have loved justice and hated iniquity, therefore I die in exile."

Pope Gregory V II

Comment

Originally posted by Garbage Man View Post
            One of our guys that just graduated told us that on his "Hell monday" he was just standig there watching everyone get jumped on. They tried him and couldnt get a single thing. They finally went up to him disgusted and said "GG have you done any push ups?" He says "No sir," so they unsnap his handcuff pouch and say "there, now do 25, your done, thats your hell monday"
            Really? I thought they handed those out like confetti...watched the recruit video.

I saw a really good news clip today about her: http://www.ocregister.com/articles/a...380-first-very

If she can do it....

Comment

Originally posted by Garbage Man View Post
              I
              This may all be true of HB, I really dont know. If it is, I say HB. But if they are only hiring a few guys and you are not a muslim trilingual female black lateral martial arts expert with a masters degree and a Basic POST then you might be waisting your time.
              They are hiring. They process quickly. They are hiring entry level as well as laterals.

Comment

So I guess I don't have to be the head cashier at Walmart to figure this one out!!!!
                FCPA Class #36

Comment

Yeah....Cypress PD is your best bet by popular consensus

Comment

Well I know which one I'd choose.

Comment

hopefully it's not GG. hehe

Comment

Perhaps I should clarify why ID say HB all things being equal...its a much larger city, much better financed and you have the friggin beach and a helicopter...seems pretty simple.

Now Willie is a GG fan... and at his level we are an awsome agency because we treat new guys right...but again, for all I know, so does HB
                        Originally posted by FJDave
                        GM, you have just set the bar that much higher for the rest of us in our witty, sarcastic responses. I yield to you! Good job, kind Sir!

District B13
                        "We are not cops nor Feds." yet he still poses as an officer Hmmmm

Grant us grace, fearlessly, to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression.--WWII memorial

"I have loved justice and hated iniquity, therefore I die in exile."

Pope Gregory V II

Comment

Well the real question is when do you guys test again. I have the same 2 as well as a few others but more importantly I have another family event that day so when do you (GG) test again?
                          Hoping to get picked up when I return from Iraq

Comment

Sounds like Garbage Man should go to recuiting and see if they can change the date. I bet a majority of guys are going to choose to test at HB or GG but at the same time would be happy to work at GG if given the opportunity. If GG doesn't even get the chance to see them for the test then GG is missing out. I also bet that there are many more recruits making the same decision. Not just the two on this site.

Comment

I'm going GG... I bet most would go to HB because of the beach & the chicks.... but I want a cop that enjoys going to HB without looking over my shoulder when I'm walking with my girl & my dog....
                              FCPA Class #36

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5084 users online. 383 members and 4701 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X