300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Marino PD (San Gabriel Valley)

Anyone out there have insight on San Marino PD?

They're testing in September and the PD's website says their selection process is only 8 weeks long - that's unheard of! I did a ride-along there a few years back and I remember it was very quiet...
    Focused Recruit

never even heard of san marino. what major city is it located by?

and 8 weeks? Thats pretty quick. I had a couple academy classmates who were processed in 12 and I thought that was quick.
    There are no angels to testify to crimes committed in hell.

Comment

Chan Marino is one of the, if not THE, most upscale city in the San Gabriel Valley. It borders South Pasadena on the west. The Ritz-Carlton is on the north-west border area. It is a very small, and pretty elite little city. It is probably more upscale than Arcadia, and rivals the toniest areas of Pasadena.

I have no insight on the PD there, sorry.

EDJ
      "It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a game of hide and seek. Albeit games with deadly consequences. Like most games-the better you know the rules, the more likely you are to win."

Comment

Originally posted by Biz_mikee View Post
        never even heard of san marino. what major city is it located by?

and 8 weeks? Thats pretty quick. I had a couple academy classmates who were processed in 12 and I thought that was quick.
        Originally posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post
        Chan Marino is one of the, if not THE, most upscale city in the San Gabriel Valley. It borders South Pasadena on the west. The Ritz-Carlton is on the north-west border area. It is a very small, and pretty elite little city. It is probably more upscale than Arcadia, and rivals the toniest areas of Pasadena.

I have no insight on the PD there, sorry.

EDJ
        LOL! Thought that might happen. It's a tiny city - 4 miles square. Famous for the Huntington Library and having not one apartment building within city limits. It's between Alhambra, South Pasadena, Pasadena and Arcadia.

Apparently they use OCSD to train recruits. Nice.
        Focused Recruit

Comment

Originally posted by kam74
          Wow, for being in such a ritzy neighborhood they sure do pay their officers a low wage!
          Yeah, I think that's part of the law of inverse incomes. The wealthier the hood, the less they pay. Check with our fair counterparts in the following cities:

Santa Barbara, CA.......5454-6630/month
          Beverly Hills, CA..........5800-6828/month
          Laguna Beach, CA.......4393-6179/month
          Jupiter Island, FL........3250-5416/month
          Greenwich, CT............2888-3989/month

NOW, compare that to these cities...

Santa Ana, CA...........5773-9365/month
          Garden Grove, CA.......xxxx-6843/month
          Maywood, CA.............4386-5331/month

EDJ
          "It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a game of hide and seek. Albeit games with deadly consequences. Like most games-the better you know the rules, the more likely you are to win."

Comment

I went to radar school with a couple guys from San Marino PD. From what they said, the biggest crime there is cutting your own grass. Apparently, if you're no Mr Miagi, you have to hire a landscaper. They also have a policy to book all misdemeanors. Yes even unlicensed drivers get booked there.
            God made perfect cops.......The rest he put in cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Bully View Post
              I went to radar school with a couple guys from San Marino PD. From what they said, the biggest crime there is cutting your own grass. Apparently, if you're no Mr Miagi, you have to hire a landscaper. They also have a policy to book all misdemeanors. Yes even unlicensed drivers get booked there.
              Thanks, Bully. This is good info. Looks like they stay busy booking everything... And I was worried about it being too slow there

Aside from cutting your own grass, I hear other major crime is found on Huntington Drive: lots of banks to rob and plenty of DUI movers coming from bars in Pasadena, Alhambra, and Arcadia.
              Last edited by Stugotz; 08-25-2007, 05:57 PM. Reason: ...
              Focused Recruit

Comment

Originally posted by Bully View Post
                No Way !
                Last edited by Biz_mikee; 08-26-2007, 02:29 AM.

Comment

Yes way!!!!
                  God made perfect cops.......The rest he put in cars.

Comment

Which way?

Comment

My way. Or the highway.
                      "Get this and get it straight! Crime is a sucker's road and those who travel it wind up in the gutter, the prison, or the grave. There's no other end. They never learn."

Comment

Over there. That way!

Comment

F*ck! My very, very, very important San Marino PD thread has turned into an Abbot and Costello bit???
                          Last edited by Stugotz; 08-26-2007, 09:26 PM. Reason: ...
                          Focused Recruit

Comment

Hahahahahahahaaaa!! Good one!!

Comment

San Marino

It is a good dept and treats it's officers well. They do book on all misdemeanors, including vehicle code. They issue take home tasers (great for parties) and ar-15's to all patrol officers. If you are coming from an aggressive city, it would be a hard adjustment. Overall it's a good dept. I don't work for them, but have a friend who does.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6274 users online. 431 members and 5843 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X