300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pasadena PD

Looking to return home to my native California...Anyone out there have any pros/cons about Pasadena PD? I went to middle & high school there, but I've been gone for 9 years...I'd appreciate any info/opinions
    We are responsible for what we do unless we are celebrities......

Originally posted by mcguire4 View Post
    Looking to return home to my native California...Anyone out there have any pros/cons about Pasadena PD? I went to middle & high school there, but I've been gone for 9 years...I'd appreciate any info/opinions

You don't want to go work with your bros at LB?

Comment

re

i'm applying there too...but i grew up in pasadena, they didn't...right now i'm working on getting a basic course waiver so that i can avoid an academy unless absolutely necesssary!!

Comment

Originally posted by mcguire4 View Post
        Is the Wifey "cool" with this ?????(remember your prior posting about coming back) If so,come on home!!! Pasadena pays the MOST out of the SGV/210 fwy area agencies( but less than Glendale or Burbank PDs to the west).Chief Melakian is supposed to decent and fair leader and the dept(about 250 sworn) has plenty of "action" plus good promotional opportunities. Pay is about $58K to $72k/yr before longevity and bonuses and OT .Like any Dept in L.A county,there are occasional media critiques-Pasadena has a festering Gang problem(Blk and now Latino),and the only gripes I've ever heard were becuase of the "merit" system of advancement-unlike most civil service ,you supposedly can be advanced based on mgm't decision as well as demoted-don't know if that is particularly true with Pasadena PD; start now as they are listing openinings for "police recruit",but with a POST waiver,they probably send you to OC Sheriffs Academy for the POST "refresher" school

www.cityofpasadena.net
        Last edited by DOAcop38; 08-04-2007, 12:37 AM.
        "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

Originally posted by DOAcop38 View Post
          Is the Wifey "cool" with this ?????(remember your prior posting about coming back) If so,come on home!!! Pasadena pays the MOST out of the SGV/210 fwy area agencies( but less than Glendale or Burbank PDs to the west).Chief Melakian is supposed to decent and fair leader and the dept(about 250 sworn) has plenty of "action" plus good promotional opportunities. Pay is about $58K to $72k/yr before longevity and bonuses and OT .Like any Dept in L.A county,there are occasional media critiques-Pasadena has a festering Gang problem(Blk and now Latino),and the only gripes I've ever heard were becuase of the "merit" system of advancement-unlike most civil service ,you supposedly can be advanced based on mgm't decision as well as demoted-don't know if that is particularly true with Pasadena PD; start now as they are listing openinings for "police recruit",but with a POST waiver,they probably send you to OC Sheriffs Academy for the POST "refresher" school

www.cityofpasadena.net
          So are you saying management can promote and demote based on whim? No testing process? That's not cool, they should at least have a system that they have to get around by manipulating the tests and giving the answers to their buddies like they do at my place. Why make it easy on em?
          Originally posted by FJDave
          GM, you have just set the bar that much higher for the rest of us in our witty, sarcastic responses. I yield to you! Good job, kind Sir!

District B13
          "We are not cops nor Feds." yet he still poses as an officer Hmmmm

Grant us grace, fearlessly, to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression.--WWII memorial

"I have loved justice and hated iniquity, therefore I die in exile."

Pope Gregory V II

Comment

They test like everyone else,but thats how I heard the "merit" system works-I'll call the PPDPOA monday and ask about it. How's;things going with you,Garbageman?!! Would push my Dept,but its more a place for young new to the game coppers and dbl dippers( local/so.Cal guys who've done their street time) than for guys who still want a "taste of the streets".

Off the subject ,though- got into a NICE GTA pursuit that ended in Hawthorne the other day-seems some cholo punks jacked a late model Chevy SS impala from a local car shop the; car shop employees gave chase of the suspects thru Inglewood,hawthorne,Gardena,up the 405/down the 405 and back near the end of L.A. -near LAX where they flagged us down-supposedly we were the ONLY cops they saw "on the streets" while on the 911 cell call and while chasing the knucklehead-guess our gys are good for something.......
            "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

Pasadena is an great city and I think it would be a lot of fun to work there (can speak only on behalf of the city itself). I grew up in So. Pasadena and lived in Pasadena after the Army (only recently moved.....to a city that seems it is Firefighter/Police mecca, ask DOA ). Pasadena PD is the only Dept. I have contemplated lateraling to down the line, and again that is based only on the city itself....sorry, no insight into the PD.
              The RANGER God cried from above
              Lightning flashed from the darkened sun
              Hailstones fell and the earth did mourn
              It was a solem day for all Airborne
              June 2001 will be
              A tragic piece of RANGER history
              Time stood still on that cursed day
              Cuz legs were donning black berets

Comment

re

Originally posted by DOAcop38 View Post

www.cityofpasadena.net

Yeah Finally got past THAT little hurdle...She's an RN, she can work anywhere and make the same and/or better $$ than she does here in good 'ol Texas....I'm working on that POST waiver right now, so we'll see...but I'm coming regardless

Comment

Originally posted by Garbage Man View Post
                  So are you saying management can promote and demote based on whim? No testing process? That's not cool, they should at least have a system that they have to get around by manipulating the tests and giving the answers to their buddies like they do at my place. Why make it easy on em?
                  Hmph....sounds vaguely familiar regarding a department I'm intimately involved with......

Comment

PPD is a good department with some really great officers. I worked just north of the city for over a decade and worked with some outstanding officers from that department. You could do a lot worse than PPD...
                    Carpe Noctem

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5657 users online. 400 members and 5257 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X