300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jato View Post
    We work it a little different. We have 85 hour pay periods (all straight time).

Fri= Off
    Saturday= 12.5
    Sunday= 12
    Monday=12
    Tuesday=12
    Wednesday= Off
    Thursday=Off
    Friday=Off
    Saturday= Off
    Sunday=12.5
    Monday=12
    Tuesday=12
    Wednesday=Off
    Thursday=Off

Four on, four off, three on, three off.
    Rense, lather and repeat.

I also worked the 8.5h x 5 days a week schedule. I love the 12s and hated the 8s. I want more than 2 days off!!! We can't afford the staff and vehilces to work 10 hour shifts. Court during the night shift rotation can be tough. Depending on the station, we rotate every 3 to 6 months (my station is every 5 months).

My trainee has a prisoner right now (late call), so we are looking at working 14 hours this shift.
    I would love that schedule. Must be nice to have multiple days off.

Comment

The 3/12's are the best but the fatigue factor can get to you. It's nice if there is an overlap shift to prevent you from getting late calls during the end of dayshift but the night shift is a whole other story.

When I used to work the 3/12's I would try and mix in a few foot patrols during the night and would try and stay in decent shape. When we worked the 8 hour shift on patrol I found myself working at least 10-12 hours a day anyways, so it's nice to have the extra days off.
      Play like a champion, today!

Member of Team Green

Comment

Well, I'm a dispatcher, but we have a 12/8/12/8 schedule.

I love having 3 days off.

What sucks about the 12 hour day, is when you subtract 12.5 of work time, and the 1 to 2+ hours of getting ready/to and from work/going to bed time, and hopefully 8 hours sleep time....you get maybe 2 hours of life time.
        Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

Did I mention my commute is only 7 miles with 2 stoplights? (about 8 minutes)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5357 users online. 366 members and 4991 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X