300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LASD academy

Any tips for preparing for this academy?

Originally posted by whatsnipes View Post
    Run. Away.

Comment

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post

Run. Away.
      Elaborate Please

Comment

It’s California

Comment

It's California.

Comment

Originally posted by whatsnipes View Post
            Lots of running on hills. Then more running. You'll spend at Ieast the first 3 years (maybe 5) in the jails.

Comment

Much more easier these days than before to get through when you're dealing with a hangover, and the recruits don't have to wear uncomfortable cheap b&w suits like you're out of a Tarantino movie.

Comment

Originally posted by clof2001 View Post

Lots of running on hills. Then more running. You'll spend at Ieast the first 3 years (maybe 5) in the jails.
                Depends on where you put in for patrol training

I have seen more than a couple come back through patrol school within less than 6-12 months after graduation.

The record (so far) was 2 months.....barely finished custody ops school before getting yanked for patrol school
                The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Many patrol stations have a zero wait time, almost all current custody deputies don't want to go to patrol, for whatever reason. Was talking to a Dep in train bureau who said South LA for example has no one on their list while Lancaster and Palmdale have several.

I wish it would go back to making folks go to patrol. If you want to stay inside all day then go work CDC.
                  I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

• vc859
                    vc859 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Is the plan to eventually go to where people can go to patrol right out of the academy? I thought I read that was the ultimate goal of the dual track plan?

Originally posted by moparfan View Post
                  Many patrol stations have a zero wait time, almost all current custody deputies don't want to go to patrol, for whatever reason. Was talking to a Dep in train bureau who said South LA for example has no one on their list while Lancaster and Palmdale have several.

I wish it would go back to making folks go to patrol. If you want to stay inside all day then go work CDC.
                  Really? Lancaster & Palmdale having a wait time but not LA is very surprising. My best guess would be most candidates live up there and want to stay within their neighborhood. I worked as a courier and drove up to Palmdale/Lancaster/Rosamond occasionally and I would not want to work there on a daily basis

Only thing that has discouraged me from pursuing LASD is not being sent to patrol out of the academy. I don't know anyone outside of those who want to be correctional officers that want to spend 6 mos - 3 years in a correctional facility

Couple months ago I heard on some radio, a woman, don't know who, probably a LA County Supervisor I'm guessing, was going on about how deputies need to hit the streets as soon as they're out of the academy & being a custody deputy instills the "us vs them" mentality early on. Does anyone know of any plans like that?

Comment

• moparfan
                    moparfan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Not majority of the candidates live every where. Who knows why these new Deps do not.

Haven't heard of any plans of how to get folks to the streets. The problem is there are fewer and fewer people wanting to do the job. We lower the standards along with the new generation of being "all about me" makes this job rough.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3952 users online. 211 members and 3741 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X