300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarification on California Firearms Laws

I have family living in California. They live in a county where they cannot get a permit to carry. They're getting increasingly concerned with wildlife, especially when hiking and mountain biking. I am totally in the dark as to what is and isn't allowed in the state of California.

Would there be any circumstances where they'd be able to carry a firearm while enjoying the outdoors? Is there a permit they can get for carrying while hiking, camping, etc?

Any other input would be appreciated.
    Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Originally posted by HI629 View Post
    I have family living in California. They live in a county where they cannot get a permit to carry. They're getting increasingly concerned with wildlife, especially when hiking and mountain biking. I am totally in the dark as to what is and isn't allowed in the state of California.

Would there be any circumstances where they'd be able to carry a firearm while enjoying the outdoors? Is there a permit they can get for carrying while hiking, camping, etc?

Any other input would be appreciated.
    Why can't they get a permit? The Supreme Court Bruen decision overturned the good cause requirement, so they should be able to apply for one where they live.

Comment

• HI629
      HI629 commented
      Editing a comment
      Bruen aside, permit got denied for lacking "good cause".

• clof2001
      clof2001 commented
      Editing a comment
      That shouldn't be happening. They either need to get legal representation, or try to get it in another county where they spend a "significant amount of time." There are pro-2A organizations that can give further guidance on this, just depends how motivated your relatives are.

Go to another county.

Comment

State,……..

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
        Go to another county.
        Go to another state...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4713 users online. 246 members and 4467 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X