300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stay federal or go local

So I am in a dilemma , I currently work for a federal agency but hold a post cert , I am two years into federal service and currently awaiting my eod for the fbi but before I applied for the FBI . I put in for ca state hospital police because my wife wanted too go back to California and I just wanted something laid back I does anyone have any insight for ca state hospital police ?

CA would be tough, very liberal, correct?

Comment

Yes very liberal. I graduated from Orange County sheriffs but evened up going us Marshall. It’s taken a toll on me and my family life so I finished up the process with the fbi but still on the fence for hospital police because of the family life balance

Comment

I don't think hospital police would be fulfilling. I've worked with federal VA police and they deal with pretty minor crimes and patient elopement. If you're in USMS, can you get hired as an 1811 somewhere?

Comment

Yea special agent is 1811 but they want me in dc and my wife is tired of moving so it’s just pretty hard spot

Comment

Yet another downside to going federal.

Comment

Hospital police is not what you think by any means. Stay federal
              I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

Are you currently an 1811?
                Hey Kidd, I've got more time On Meal than you have "On the Job"

Comment

Currently a Marshall

Comment

• 1RidgeRunner7
                    1RidgeRunner7 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I thought the Marshals don’t move their people as much as other Fed agencies?

• Mrfrench91
                    Mrfrench91 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I asked for a transfer to new jersey because my father is sick with Parkinson's. Family is huge for me

Hospital Police would be a big step down, this is generally more like a security guard gig I’d imagine,……..BORING.

Comment

• Mrfrench91
                    Mrfrench91 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    yea only reason why I thought about about hospital police is because of the pay and the panama schedule

I have several friends, all 1811’s who jumped ship, both within and outside of their original agency to another. One of my partners (second LE career) left the DEA a week after graduating FLEXI, when he didn’t get his promised location. This was over 35 years ago, but have others switching later. I’d look for openings and apply, staying Federal, before taking the hospital Police job, especially in todays environment.Good Luck!
                  Hey Kidd, I've got more time On Meal than you have "On the Job"

Comment

• Mrfrench91
                    Mrfrench91 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks , yea fbi is the same way they don't tell you where your going till you finish your training every offer just says dc on it with 2 years you need too do in order too leave

Sounds like the wife is not on board. No job is worth a divorce.

Comment

A good woman will support you no matter what,…..I’ve had both!

Some will find a way to Complain about everything and anything, and then some more.

Comment

• Mrfrench91
                      Mrfrench91 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      that is very true , my wife followed me throughout my career first as an deputy through that academy than the Marshalls now through this process she just says she was to have her own voice and not be in my shadows

I quit my first law enforcement job to try to save my marriage to practice wife #2, but the marriage failed anyway.

But then I got married again, went back into law enforcement, completed my career, retired, and things are great- we're getting ready to celebrate our 22nd anniversary.

Comment

• Mrfrench91
                      Mrfrench91 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      see that's where I want to be i have 18 more years till I retire federally which will fly by if i choose to stay federal hard working law enforcement and keeping a happy wife

A bad marriage never gets better in my opinion, most people are who they are,…..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4078 users online. 249 members and 3829 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X