300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capitol Police to Open Field Offices in California and Florida

Definitely interesting. Could open some job opportunities for California residents in the near future.

Capitol Police opening field offices to investigate threats to members of Congress (msn.com)

I never understood why they didn’t have regional offices all over America. Why not in all 50 States? They will need multiple offices in the big states.
    semper destravit

Comment

What would the need be? Do they have an investigative division? I can see them responding to incidents at offices of Congressional staff. I responded to a Congress Women's office for a threat. Staff called capital police who said call the locals. I wanna say the FBI showed up.
      I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

Is it more likely for them to hire locally, or transfer veteran officers to the new posts and back-fill in DC?

Comment

Originally posted by orangebottle View Post
          Is it more likely for them to hire locally, or transfer veteran officers to the new posts and back-fill in DC?
          My guess would be, initially they would send veterans to start up shop. As time goes on, they will start to hire locally. The problem though, California local and CHP make way more money and get better benefits/retirement than federal uniform police. Might be hard for the feds to recruit from that pool of laterals and or aspiring LEOs.

In DC, federal uniform LE get better pay and benefits than the local surrounding jurisdictions. It is easier to recruit from the locals in that area. MPDC is comparative, but the adjacent surrounding jurisdictions not so much.

For example, starting pay for Capitol Police is 65K, starting pay for Sacramento Officer, 75K. And I'm not going to even mention the disparity in pay if there is a Capitol Police office in the Bay Area.

Comment

CA office is supposed to be in/near SF where local officers are making 6 figures or they are doing something wrong. I don't see why this would be a uniformed position if the idea is the personnel will investigate threats to members of Congress. Seems like an OIG or FPS CI type job.

Comment

Originally posted by 9L81 View Post
              CA office is supposed to be in/near SF where local officers are making 6 figures or they are doing something wrong. I don't see why this would be a uniformed position if the idea is the personnel will investigate threats to members of Congress. Seems like an OIG or FPS CI type job.
              Make sense, I guess if its more on the 1811 side, the pay issue would not be so different, especially if they are a GS13 LEO in SF locality.

Comment

Maybe if Congress did their jobs there wouldn’t be threats..?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3990 users online. 264 members and 3726 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X