Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LBPPD
    replied
    I recently graduated from GWC Police Academy.

Our PT is more cross fit oriented. You will do the “33” once a week which as Cruz0311 stated above, it’s a mile, 33 push ups, a mile, 33 squats, a mile, and 33 burpees. With each “33” the time you have to complete it as a class goes down. If one person exceeds the time given, the entire class will pay with additional PT. On other days, we’ll be at the gym upstairs for a tabata workout which consists of push ups, sit ups, and pull ups or there will be cross fit stations on the grinder or circuits at the magic mountain. If you’ve got any questions, feel free to DM.

Leave a comment:

• King413
    replied
    cruz0311

Hey brother!

I just wanted to say thank you so much for all of the information you put under my post. I’m kinda new to the forums so I don’t know how to delete or update and old post, but I was recently told by the department that I would be attending Golden West rather than the Sheriffs Academy. I’m in pretty good shape right now, but I am an over analyzer and just like to mentally prepare myself for the worst of the worst. I really appreciate you asking people and taking time out of your day to give me the insight of the academy. It means a lot. I’ll keep you updated with how everything goes. Best to you!

Leave a comment:

• cruz0311
    replied
    So just asked my bud there and he responded with the worst PT he had there was a mile, followed by 33 push ups, then another mile then 33 squats, then another mile finished by 33 burpees.

I really suggest listening to what Stew Smith has to say, he has this theory of the to, through and beyond about PT for leos or any type of tactical job. The to is the PT style your going to train to get you to the academy then the through which is the PT when your going thru the academy then beyond is how to maintain that level of fitness once your on the job..

My bud said golden west is more classroom type of academy than PT. Nonetheless I would show up in the best shape possible. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• cruz0311
    replied
    So you've asked about PT in several formats for different academies. Best advice get in the best shape possible and PT would be the last thing to worry about. A person in their early 20s should not have an issue running a mile in under 8 mins and should be able to run the mile and a half in the 12s if not better. Do more than 50 push ups at a time, do more than 10 pull ups amd be able to sustain endurance workouts of more than 30 min.

I can ask a mentoree of mine who just graduated that academy and see what PT is like there. BUT, im going to pose this question to you, if they tell you PT is easy are you going to prepare any different? You are trying to get a job where your life depends on endurance and stamina.

If your having a hard time figuring out how to PT there are number of programs out there. Effective fitness training is one of them, former Navy SEAL Stew Smith has several programs geared for LEO. Nine11strong on Instagram is another one.

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    replied
    If your signed up, you should have a student packet with that information. Or….maybe…call and ask?

Leave a comment:

• King413
    started a topic Golden West Police Academy

Golden West Police Academy

Hello! I am getting ready to attend the Golden West Academy within the next year. I was hoping to gain some insight as to the discussion around their Pt. I want to know what an average PT day is like. Is it more cardio or Hiit style training? And outside of obvious PT blocks and remediation, is the rest of the day littered with circuits of PT or is it somewhat balanced with class time. Thank you so much! Just trying to dispel the claims that aren’t accurate.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3887 users online. 283 members and 3604 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X