• Show
Clear All

• Christopher_0369
    commented on 's reply
    Copy, thank you.

• LA Copper
    replied
    Originally posted by Christopher_0369 View Post
    Question for anyone in the group. Does anyone know on possible academy dates for December or January?
    Academies start every fifth Monday. I believe the last one started on October 25 so take it from there, although keep in mind, Christmas and New Years might throw those dates off by a day or two.

Leave a comment:

• Christopher_0369
    replied
    Question for anyone in the group. Does anyone know on possible academy dates for December or January?

Leave a comment:

• OSH93
    replied
    Yeah I'm not sure, I hope they don't start over. I'll let you guys know after I have the meeting.

Leave a comment:

• BlueLagoon
    commented on 's reply
    I wonder if the new investigator picks up where the old one left off.. or do they have to start all over?

• OSH93
    replied
    Update I just got a call and my BI got reassigned to another Investigator. Going in next week for another Interview. Any updates on Academy life?

Leave a comment:

• OSH93
    replied
    Thanks I appreciate the responses. Honestly your background can be quick or long. I think it depends on the background investigator. Just keep working out and be prepared.

Leave a comment:

• Christopher_0369
    replied
    I know everyone’s background and timeline is different, but I wanted some insight on a possible time frame.
    Neighbor notified me that he received a reference letter from my investigator, but none of my references have been contacted. Been in background since beginning of September. Any thoughts on how much longer?

Leave a comment:

• AvidHiker98
    commented on 's reply
    Correct- nothing to worry about.

After your BG is finished, it gets passed to two or three different people to review it and approve/decline it. I wouldn't worry about it. It took me about a week to hear back after it was submitted.

• OSH93
    replied
    BlueLagoon I started Backgrounds in May 2021 and sat for there 3 months. Then in August my references got emails to fill out, then BI called me to set up an appointment to speak with him to clarify an item that came up in my Background. We spoke about it and he said he was going to write up his report and submit to his supervisor. This was about 3 weeks ago and this morning is when he sent that email stating that "My file has been reassigned for review and someone will be in contact with you". I spoke to my recruiter about the email from my BI and the item that come up in my Background he said this does happen when they are reviewing my file and that I shouldn't be concerned about it.

I would think if they wanted to DQ me they would have done it already?

Leave a comment:

• BlueLagoon
    commented on 's reply
    Im assuming he finished your file and passed it along to the hiring board.

How long did you background take?

• OSH93
    replied
    Just curious my BI emailed me this morning and stated that my file has been reassigned for review and someone should contact me soon. Not sure what this means?

Let me know your opinions I appreciate it..

Leave a comment:

• AvidHiker98
    replied
    Just a heads up for the people still awaiting academy dates in regards to finances:

It's been said a few times on this thread, but make sure you have some $ set aside for gear BEFORE you start the academy. You will not be paid until your 4th week.

You will spend approx ~ $850 for equipment, you'll need to set some more aside for suits (doesn't need to be expensive but this still adds up), men will need to buy a clippers to cut your hair weekly (or shave it all the way down if you want. Cost me $70), then you'll have to laminate a lot of documents (might not be req- depends on your DI, but FedEx charges $2.79 per page), you'll have to print 250+pgs for the firearms/recruit manuals (money in ink and paper, etc).

There are a lot of little things that cost money that I didn't think of or we weren't told about until starting.

To be safe, if possible, try to set aside $2000ish before you start just to be safe. You likely won't need this much.

Leave a comment:

• BlueLagoon
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you for your detailed response LA Copper. In other words, each background investigation differs depending on the investigator and the applicant's history. I will keep everyone in the loop should I receive any updates.

• OSH93
    commented on 's reply
    BlueLagoon I started my Background back in 05/09/21. My BI just started to reach out to my references. Its different for everyone I guess. My neighbors did not receive any letters yet.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3793 users online. 206 members and 3587 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X