• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    NY2LA
    Forum Member

• NY2LA
    replied
    I happened to see my B.I when he inquired about me to my neighbors. They don't visit your work place as far as I'm concerned. They do reach out to supervisors and colleagues through phone however.

Leave a comment:

• OSH93
    Forum Member

• OSH93
    replied
    Does any one know if your BI comes to your house and also do they come to your work?

Leave a comment:

• Lester Marten
    Forum Member

• Lester Marten
    replied
    You can apply at any age. My class currently has three recruit officers in their 40s. The class behind us has an individual in their 60s.

Leave a comment:

• LA Copper
    Forum Member

• LA Copper
    replied
    The max age is 100, figuratively speaking. We have no max age so give it a try.

Leave a comment:

• kflo01
    Forum Member

• kflo01
    replied
    Originally posted by LA Copper View Post
    I would think they'd make those calls whenever they have someone who has completed the process but I can't say for sure. Maybe some of the other folks on here who have received one of those calls can answer that question, or if a few people answer, we can see if there is or isn't a pattern.
    What is the max age to start with LAPD if you have no leo experience? What is the max age if you have a 1-3 years and want to lateral from out of state?

Leave a comment:

• AvidHiker98
    Forum Member

• AvidHiker98
    commented on 's reply
    @Destiny09:

https://www.joinlapd.com/salary

You are paid $33.91/hr while in the academy. Base pay and benefits are the same for every recruit officer.
  • Destiny09
    Forum Member

• Destiny09
    commented on 's reply
    Lester Marten,

Thanks for the info!

I know It will vary from person to person but what's the take home pay more or less in the academy? I completely understand if you don't feel comfortable answering.
  • LA Copper
    Forum Member

• LA Copper
    replied
    I would think they'd make those calls whenever they have someone who has completed the process but I can't say for sure. Maybe some of the other folks on here who have received one of those calls can answer that question, or if a few people answer, we can see if there is or isn't a pattern.
    LA Copper
    Forum Member
    Last edited by LA Copper; 08-19-2021, 08:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Clopez
    Forum Member

• Clopez
    commented on 's reply
    Hello! I had a question, do you know if they usually send academy calls at the end of the week or the beginning of the week?
  • LA Copper
    Forum Member

• LA Copper
    replied
    We should be helping each other out so I'm happy to do so. Feel free to ask if anyone has other questions.

Leave a comment:

• Destiny09
    Forum Member

• Destiny09
    commented on 's reply
    LA Copper is definitely the MVP!
  • Destiny09
    Forum Member

• Destiny09
    commented on 's reply
    Clopez,

I'm still in backgrounds. I spoke with my BI and was told that my background was complete on her end and will make its way up for approval. Once it's approved, I'll be able to schedule psych then hopefully make the certified list. How about yourself?
  • kflo01
    Forum Member

• kflo01
    replied
    Originally posted by LA Copper View Post
    Guys, keep in mind you'll be going back and forth between the two academy sites, the one near LAX (ARTC) and the one in Granada Hills (Davis), which is the far north end of the Valley. Both are just off the 405 Freeway and are about 30 miles apart.

If I remember correctly, you'll spend about 55% of your time at ARTC and about 45% of your time at Davis. Maybe you can find something close to the 405, just so your commute is easier.

Generally your start of watch is around 0530, although recruits are usually there by 0500, just to make sure they aren't late. Your end of watch is usually around 1430. That means you usually beat traffic both ways, although nowadays traffic can be found at any time of day. The 405 carpool lane would be a big help if some of you could find a meeting place and carpool together.

If you haven't already, I suggest you get up early a few mornings and try making the drive to both ARTC and Davis, just so you'll have a better idea of what the drive will be like once you're in the academy. The last thing you want to do is be late, that wouldn't be good. Same thing for the drive home, although that's not as important as the drive in since you won't have a DI waiting for you at home.........

Fyi, At Davis, you'll be doing Tactics, Shooting, and EVOC. At ARTC, you'll be doing PT, Self Defense stuff, and academics. (The fun stuff is at Davis!)
    Damn this thread is crazy helpful and I'm not even in the process. I got some help from a forum member for the academy and department I am starting in Oct but La cooper is giving a wealth of info. You guys are lucking out. Glad I subscribed!

Leave a comment:

• LA Copper
    Forum Member

• LA Copper
    replied
    Guys, keep in mind you'll be going back and forth between the two academy sites, the one near LAX (ARTC) and the one in Granada Hills (Davis), which is the far north end of the Valley. Both are just off the 405 Freeway and are about 30 miles apart.

If I remember correctly, you'll spend about 55% of your time at ARTC and about 45% of your time at Davis. Maybe you can find something close to the 405, just so your commute is easier.

Generally your start of watch is around 0530, although recruits are usually there by 0500, just to make sure they aren't late. Your end of watch is usually around 1430. That means you usually beat traffic both ways, although nowadays traffic can be found at any time of day. The 405 carpool lane would be a big help if some of you could find a meeting place and carpool together.

If you haven't already, I suggest you get up early a few mornings and try making the drive to both ARTC and Davis, just so you'll have a better idea of what the drive will be like once you're in the academy. The last thing you want to do is be late, that wouldn't be good. Same thing for the drive home, although that's not as important as the drive in since you won't have a DI waiting for you at home.........

Fyi, At Davis, you'll be doing Tactics, Shooting, and EVOC. At ARTC, you'll be doing PT, Self Defense stuff, and academics. (The fun stuff is at Davis!)

Leave a comment:

• Clopez
    Forum Member

• Clopez
    commented on 's reply
    Destiny09,
    Just curious, are you already certified and just waiting for an academy date?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3897 users online. 248 members and 3649 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X