Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brendan_m
    replied
    I’m an out of state officer and I talked to a recruiter who mentioned if I apply for the CA post waiver and receive it then I can then apply as lateral and that they would just plug me into ongoing academies for the required classes and hands on training. Is that definitely true? I’ve also read online that they usually just send you to the entire academy but that when you graduate you start at a higher step as a lateral.

I wouldn’t necessarily mind another academy, especially the LAPD one, but it would be nice to do an abbreviated one.

Leave a comment:

• BlueLagoon
    replied
    Can anyone give me insight on the treadmill test during the medical?

Leave a comment:

• LA Copper
    replied
    Avid,

I know your Patrol captain and at least two of your lieutenants. Good luck there and enjoy yourself. Then wheel out to a busier and more fun division!

Leave a comment:

• AvidHiker98
    replied
    Originally posted by LA Copper View Post
    Avid,

Congratulations on making it through and graduating, that's great! Now is when the "real world" begins. Remember what you were taught and then listen to your TOs and have fun. Day watch is a good watch to start on, that way you'll have a better understanding of what the area looks like, because it will be pretty different at night. Stay safe out there.

Are you able to give us hint as to which division you're going to? Or, at least, which Bureau?
    Thank you, sir. I am going to DEV.

Leave a comment:

• LA Copper
    replied
    Avid,

Congratulations on making it through and graduating, that's great! Now is when the "real world" begins. Remember what you were taught and then listen to your TOs and have fun. Day watch is a good watch to start on, that way you'll have a better understanding of what the area looks like, because it will be pretty different at night. Stay safe out there.

Are you able to give us hint as to which division you're going to? Or, at least, which Bureau?

Leave a comment:

• AvidHiker98
    replied
    Graduation is next Friday. My first shift (Watch 2) is Sunday, April 10. I am beyond excited, but nervous as hell.

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone on this forum for all the advice, help, and tips going back over a year. This is a goldmine of information & people should take this seriously.

As far as the academy goes, it’s not difficult, but it requires work. You will have to study & you will have to volunteer for scenarios. Don’t hide in the back and don’t be afraid to get the answer wrong. Put in lots of time at 0500 study halls. The instructors want to help you succeed if you want to succeed.

As you approach graduation, start thinking about getting your war bag ready. This is another thing to set money aside for. There are lots of things I may never need, but I’d rather have them just in case. Cost about $750.

Metal posse box, metal citation clipboard, metal FI holder, accordion folder for reports, Naloxone (Rite Aid is $15 for 2 doses), latex gloves, extra flashlight, extra handcuffs & handcuff case, binoculars, crowbar, knife, extra magazines, extra tourniquet, extra hobble, bungee cords, CVC cheat sheet, telephone directory/annotated RD maps (mark the hundred blocks, hospitals, schools, etc), spit hoods, zip tie cuffs.

If anyone has any academy questions, I’d be happy to help. Otherwise, good luck everyone.

Leave a comment:

• jwiin106
    replied
    Hello. Anyone still waiting to be assigned a BI? I got approved for this step back on the 21st of December, 2021. Waiver got approved the next day but it’s now March and I still haven’t heard anything at all. Just really anxious about wanting to start this step and I wanted to know if there were any others out there still waiting. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• L.A.Tacos
    replied
    I just took my psych and on “mypd” it says Deferred Other.Any one know what that means?

Leave a comment:

• Christopher_0369
    replied
    Nothing specific, just in general. I’m waiting for a psych appointment, but I doubt I make to the March class. Hopefully I get the call for the April class.

Leave a comment:

• L.A.Tacos
    commented on 's reply
    On what ?academy dates? I was told I’d be in consideration for the March Academy class as long as I pass my psych evaluation tomorrow.

• Christopher_0369
    replied
    Anyone have any updates?

Leave a comment:

• AvidHiker98
    commented on 's reply
    January academy starts Tuesday, Jan 18.

February academy starts Monday, Feb 14

• L.A.Tacos
    commented on 's reply
    That sums it up. Thank you for the insight Deputy!

• cruz0311
    replied
    Originally posted by L.A.Tacos View Post
    That’s what I’m not sure about ,and feel only current LAPD officers and/or recruits can really answer that. Hiring practices are different now. They definitely asked if your a smoker during the application form that I filled out for medical.
    Yea well they have to ask that in a medical, if you go to your health practitioner theyre going to ask you if you smoke or drink alcohol, it gives a doctor a quick picture of your health. Your overthinking this way too much. I'm not a LAPD officer I'm a Deputy with LASD and we don't have such policies only you can't smoke or use tobacco in county buildings and vehicles.

Leave a comment:

• L.A.Tacos
    replied
    That’s what I’m not sure about ,and feel only current LAPD officers and/or recruits can really answer that. Hiring practices are different now. They definitely asked if your a smoker during the application form that I filled out for medical.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4468 users online. 259 members and 4209 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X