X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LA1942
    replied
    Hang tight.

Hundreds of officers are on their way out.

Leave a comment:

• Lester Marten
    replied
    The mentor I spoke to last month told me to call back each month to see if there were any updates. I called again last Wednesday (2/3) and got the same answer; No news about academy dates. I understand that there are budget issues, but does anyone know how long they can go without starting a new academy class.

I completed the application process back in December, and I know that there are several candidates that have been waiting much longer that I have. The mentor said they look at PFQ scores and other factors in your application when deciding who to put in the next academy (not just how long you've been certified), so I'm hoping that I get into the next class, based off my PFQ score and application.
    Last edited by Lester Marten; 02-10-2021, 10:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• AvidHiker98
    replied
    Originally posted by LBR View Post
    Does anyone know when will be the next academy date ?
    I have not heard anything, no. They still do not have an approved budget, and until they do, we shan't have an academy date .

Although they made some progress last week... My understanding is that there is a HUGE backlog. There are applicants that have been certified as far back as last May and they still don't have a date. I'm praying we hear something soon

Leave a comment:

• LBR
    replied
    Does anyone know when will be the next academy date ?

Leave a comment:

• Lester Marten
    replied
    I also just recently finished the application process and am waiting for an academy spot. I called the LAPD mentors this morning and got the same answers. No news about academy dates. I hope we get some information soon.
    Last edited by Lester Marten; 07-12-2021, 05:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• AvidHiker98
    commented on 's reply
    will do. Thanks!

• Kraut0783
    replied
    Learn the streets, highway systems....study maps...etc. Seem new recruits always seem to be weak on the geographic areas, and I don't mean your GPS phone. Get city maps and start figuring out what is what.

Leave a comment:

• LA Copper
    replied
    I've deleted almost every PM I have but apparently something is wrong with the system itself.

You can try asking here on this thread, unless it's something confidential you don't want to mention in public.

Leave a comment:

• VinhMym
    commented on 's reply
    Hi, I can’t PM you. The system said you reach the quota for PM lol. It’s anyway I can message you?

• LA Copper
    replied
    Originally posted by VinhMym View Post

Hello sir, have a few question regarding to LAPD. Not sure if you can help -)!

Hi there,

Sure, I'll do my best, fire away.

Leave a comment:

• VinhMym
    replied
    Originally posted by LA Copper View Post
    I would recommend you study the following as you'll have to know them to graduate. Our Department manual is online in our Department website, LAPDONLINE.ORG

- Law Enforcement Code of Ethics
    - Pursuit Policy
    - Use of Force Policy
    - Use of Deadly Force Policy
    - The LAPD phonetic alphabet (which is different from the military alphabet)
    - Learn about the City of LA and its many problems that you hopefully will be addressing once you graduate
    - Peruse the manual and have an idea what other stuff you'll eventually be responsible for
    - Watch some of the Use of Force videos on the website to have an idea what the job is like

You're right, the budget issue is going to be just that, an issue, so we most likely won't be hiring like we used to. As of last year, we had an academy class starting almost every month. That probably won't be happening this year so let's hope for the best. Good luck.
    Hello sir, have a few question regarding to LAPD. Not sure if you can help -)!

Leave a comment:

• AvidHiker98
    commented on 's reply
    Fantastic! I appreciate your response. Thank you so much.

• LA Copper
    replied
    I would recommend you study the following as you'll have to know them to graduate. Our Department manual is online in our Department website, LAPDONLINE.ORG

- Law Enforcement Code of Ethics
    - Pursuit Policy
    - Use of Force Policy
    - Use of Deadly Force Policy
    - The LAPD phonetic alphabet (which is different from the military alphabet)
    - Learn about the City of LA and its many problems that you hopefully will be addressing once you graduate
    - Peruse the manual and have an idea what other stuff you'll eventually be responsible for
    - Watch some of the Use of Force videos on the website to have an idea what the job is like

You're right, the budget issue is going to be just that, an issue, so we most likely won't be hiring like we used to. As of last year, we had an academy class starting almost every month. That probably won't be happening this year so let's hope for the best. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• AvidHiker98
    replied
    My PFQ score was 68. My 1.5 mile was 11:30 for an average of 7:17. Since then that has come down to a 6:58 average. Haven't tested myself on sprints, pushups, or situps, though I go to the gym and train so I presume my strength is fine still

Leave a comment:

• AvidHiker98
    commented on 's reply
    I think that is normal. It's a long process of them sending emails and letters to people. Then, after everything is done, your BI has to do a write up of all his/her findings. It then gets sent to a supervisor for approval. Then it gets sent to an additional panel for review. It's annoying to wait, but no news is good news

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3600 users online. 224 members and 3376 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X