Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The mentor I spoke to last month told me to call back each month to see if there were any updates. I called again last Wednesday (2/3) and got the same answer; No news about academy dates. I understand that there are budget issues, but does anyone know how long they can go without starting a new academy class.

I completed the application process back in December, and I know that there are several candidates that have been waiting much longer that I have. The mentor said they look at PFQ scores and other factors in your application when deciding who to put in the next academy (not just how long you've been certified), so I'm hoping that I get into the next class, based off my PFQ score and application.
    Last edited by Lester Marten; 02-10-2021, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Hang tight.

Hundreds of officers are on their way out.

Comment

Thanks everyone ! What would be a solid PFQ score to get ?

Comment

Originally posted by LBR View Post
          Thanks everyone ! What would be a solid PFQ score to get ?
          50 is the bare minimum for the academy, but beyond that I don't think they have any specifics for what constitutes a solid score. I would say anything in the mid 60s or higher, but that's just a guess. I've just been focusing on running and calisthenics. When I had my department interview, one of the interviewers emphasized running hills, since there will be plenty of that during the academy.

Comment

I just received an email from the Personnel Department. It's basically a generic message confirming the LAPD hiring pause. There are no specifics; just that they "expect the pause to be temporary and for hiring to resume before too long." I guess they got tired of people calling to ask about the date for the next academy.

On the bright side, it's gives us more time to study and work out.

Comment

Originally posted by Lester Marten View Post
              I just received an email from the Personnel Department. It's basically a generic message confirming the LAPD hiring pause. There are no specifics; just that they "expect the pause to be temporary and for hiring to resume before too long." I guess they got tired of people calling to ask about the date for the next academy.

On the bright side, it's gives us more time to study and work out.
              I got this email, too. As you said- generic.

Garcetti is expected to have his budget finalized by April... which means it's still another month away!

Comment

Originally posted by AvidHiker98 View Post

I got this email, too. As you said- generic.

Garcetti is expected to have his budget finalized by April... which means it's still another month away!
                Do you think they'll have an Academy before the start of the new fiscal year (July 1st). By that point, portions of my application are going to start expiring (department interview and medical).

Comment

A few people have been saying that they might have an academy date on June/July. Currently I also been waiting for a date since September. I’m at the point where I have to update my PHS and have another department interview in March and my medical again in April. We just have to wait for things to get better from the budget and COVID.

Comment

So if your certified already you would still have to redo portions of the hiring process again? Im near the end of backgrounds and I am m wondering because most of my steps are beginning to expire.

Comment

Originally posted by Johyou1996 View Post
                      So if your certified already you would still have to redo portions of the hiring process again? Im near the end of backgrounds and I am m wondering because most of my steps are beginning to expire.
                      Yes, you would have to redo any portion of your application that expires. I was certified in December and I'm sure I'll have to do the PHS again because my current one expires in May. My department interview and medical expire in July, so I may have to repeat those also. It all depends on the timing.

Comment

• Johyou1996
                        Johyou1996 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Good to know thanks.

Hi any new words on your academy date or hear anything back from lapd?

Comment

• LBR
                        LBR commented
                        Editing a comment
                        We just had a seminar for certified candidates and they just mention that they will have academy dates soon and to have every test part up to date. They said once academy starts they will have one every 28 day. I have had advisor say that they might have academy’s June or July so hopefully sooner.

Does anyone know if lapd does hair test?

Comment

• AvidHiker98
                        AvidHiker98 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes they do.

Final step before orientation is hair drug test and TB test.

Whats a tb test???

Comment

And what step is the orientation is it the last step of them all?

Comment

• AvidHiker98
                          AvidHiker98 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Once certified, orientation is the last step before you officially start. They'll call you down to Westchester and go over what to expect, what you will need, etc. As per my conversations with recruiters, you will need to buy:

1. Grey workout clothes. Sweats, shirts, etc

2. Uniforms (baby blues)

3. Tie pins, buttons, ties

4. Bates academy shoes

5.Patrol Boots

6. Wrestling shoes

7. Hats

8. War bags (I asked for clarification as I am unsure what this means)

9. Mouth piece or anything else needed for defensive tactics

10. Shooting bag and equip.

Also see- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFj0pNKS9AA

Orientation is not part of the testing process. Once you're accepted and given an academy date, you and members of your family (if it's still not Covid regulated) will be asked to attend an orientation a week before your academy start date. It's basically an informational meeting to tell you and your family what to expect for the next six months of your life.

The "warbag" is a large canvas duffle type bag you'll need to carry your academy related equipment every day. Keep in mind we have two different academy locations you'll be traveling to each week; ARTC, which is near LAX and Davis, which is the very north end of the San Fernando Valley.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3439 users online. 177 members and 3262 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X