Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public Safety Assistant Opportunity

Hello Everyone!

I am new to the site and wanted to introduce myself. I have a question pertaining to title of the post. Recently I interviewed for a department within Orange County and at my interview was told I should acquire more life experience first (I am a young recent college graduate). Instead of turning me away completely they put me through the process to become a Public Safety Officer. Do you all think that the department saw potential within myself and wanted to extend the experience they said I required or am I just reading too far into it. Also does this sound like a good first step into the law-enforcement community? I believe it is and I’m afraid that my lack of life experience will be a universal issue with other departments. Thank you all so much.

If they put you into the process versus just telling you to apply, that’s a VERY good thing. It’s an excellent way to gain experience with pay and bennies and will benefit you immensely.

Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

I concur with CCCSD, take it as a compliment and do the job for a couple of years. After a few years apply to the department's officer/deputy job.

Comment

There are a lot of agencies that hire from within, either because they were exporers or CSO's with them. If you are serious about the career and like this particular department, take the job. It's definitely not glamorous but you will get a lot of experience writing and dealing with the public.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6838 users online. 352 members and 6486 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X