X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ddraniczarek
    replied
    Originally posted by DOAcop38 View Post
    dave- you should post in the "illinois section as well as in the rookie corner and "training" section that you are L.A. bound during that time- you might find an email from someone also enroute to LA for same processesing and can "Carpool" or hotel share to cut costs-just a thought.good luck on the LAPD process,and while you are here look around and see if you want to drop an application or two with other local depts............
    Thanks, I'll do that as well.

Leave a comment:

• mcguire4
    replied
    DOAcop38: Oh yes plenty of action in a state where EVERYONE has a gun.....

Leave a comment:

• DOAcop38
    replied
    Originally posted by ddraniczarek View Post
    I am heading out to do the expedited testing for LAPD from Aug 13th until Aug 15th. Anybody else heading out there at that time. Good luck to you all!

Dave (Chicago)

dave- you should post in the "illinois section as well as in the rookie corner and "training" section that you are L.A. bound during that time- you might find an email from someone also enroute to LA for same processesing and can "Carpool" or hotel share to cut costs-just a thought.good luck on the LAPD process,and while you are here look around and see if you want to drop an application or two with other local depts............

Leave a comment:

• DOAcop38
    replied
    Originally posted by IMachU View Post
    Come on out, brother! We could use the help!!!!!
    "Mcguire4"- me and guys like ImachU are trying to "go east" ( if not Ca. then out of CA) LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!( but definitely not east of the Miss. river -uughhh ,nope!).And from what I've heard ,you have PLENTY of action in Texas,plus the COL is LOWER and the salaries for cops are rising(median is $40K to 65K? thats just off CA. salaries by 15-20% compared to what you're "Getting" for your money!!!)

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Come on out, brother! We could use the help!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• mcguire4
    replied
    damn DOAcop38 you make me wanna come home to Cali!!!

Leave a comment:

• ddraniczarek
    replied
    I am heading out to do the expedited testing for LAPD from Aug 13th until Aug 15th. Anybody else heading out there at that time. Good luck to you all!

Dave (Chicago)

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thanks for the insight DOAcop.

Leave a comment:

• DOAcop38
    replied
    Originally posted by jt32485 View Post
    Any other LAPD guys/girls on the air who want to give some insight into their job, the department, pay, morale, fellow officers, training, politics, hours, o/t, etc.

I'm an East coast guy considering a move west as well.
    Not LAPD ( work the cities' Airport PD dept) but even where I work, theres plenty of "work" and the pay is decent.We share 85% common policy and pay scales are basically the same- LAPD is $52K to $82K/yr starting,L.A. Airport PD is $54K to $80K/yr-despite the "so called" politics of working for the city of L.A. -IT is OFTEN NOT as bad as people make out- plenty of times you are your own boss and the only time coppers get into trouble is when they "stray" out side the lines- there is plenty of ways to "protect yourself" from getting into trouble- one is just doing your job correctly. LAPD is still top notch-they put "pressure" on other So.Cal depts to follow suit,and So.Cal L.E. in general is very much the same - with very neat and professional officers;that professional manner is so ingrained you'd be hard pressed to even notice where LAPD ends and another local dept begins unless you looked at the shoulder patches or logos on the cars.If you are thinking coming out - do it-So.Cal is expensive but alot cheaper than NYC,and "we" don't insult our recruit officers with a near poverty level pay start ( NYPD $26K to $59k/yr???? L.A.city unarmed security guards MAKE MORE).If not LAPD,try the #1 sheriffs dept in the nation-LASD,or venture over to the "agency" section and look up the many So.Calif and even Nor Cal agencies hiring.
    Last edited by DOAcop38; 06-08-2007, 09:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Any other LAPD guys/girls on the air who want to give some insight into their job, the department, pay, morale, fellow officers, training, politics, hours, o/t, etc.

I'm an East coast guy considering a move west as well.

Leave a comment:

• LA Copper
    replied
    I'm originally from New England and came out here almost 20 years ago to join the LAPD. I've never regreted it and still love it after all this time. There are a lot of people from the east coast on the job here, especially from Massachusetts.

Sure we have our problems but what department doesn't? It's just that ours are more publicized because we are a big deparment and because it's Hollywood. As far as I've seen, morale for the most part is good, although I'm sure there are some disgruntled people somewhere. Everyone I work with seems pretty happy.

There is lots to do if you like "action." Gangs and narcotics are big out here so if the radio's slow, you can find lots of stuff to do yourself.

If you have specific questions, feel free to PM me.
    Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• InlandEmpire
    replied
    I don't have anything against LAPD. I think it would be a great place for anyone to get a raw taste of law enforcement. I don't think moral is the best there, because the media and many citizens in "select" divisions offer NO support to the police. The administration will make your life miserable,,but most police departments are the same in that regard anyway.

However,,the bright side is that LAPD is like no other place in the country to work. Probably the most talked about police department in the world. The department is huge and there is alot of room for advancement and opportunity to work various assignments. I have alot of friends that work there, and although they hate the politics,,the action is non stop..(depending on the division).

Leave a comment:

• MSW0802
    started a topic Los Angeles Police Department

Los Angeles Police Department

Hello -

Just so y'all know, I have done a thorough search of the forums ...

but what I was looking for I didn't seem to find. I would like to know about the LAPD . . . officer morale, equipment, how things work in the department, if you would recommend a guy from the East Coast going to LA to work for LAPD . . . I still have to graduate from UNCC, but I'm really considering LAPD. Is it a good place to be a cop? Do you get satisfaction from policing there, or do you wish you would have gone elsewhere? Just things like that.

Your help is appreciated!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5808 users online. 330 members and 5478 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X