Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leather care and polish (LA/OC)

Happy Friday everyone!

I will be going to a reserve academy and have a question on leather polishing.

I have been looking for a place that can get an academy shine on a pair of boots. I have polished shoes before but never to a high gloss. My thought is to pay someone to get it done right the first time then to maintain it on my own. I have been told about Code 7 in Long Beach. Are there any others you would recommend in OC?

I am also curious if an old (aka comfortable) pair of Danner Acadias can be brought back to a high gloss polish or if I should start with a new pair?

Thanks,

Jeff

Look up YouTube videos on how to polish boots using a heat gun and cotton balls. Before I entered the academy, I spent hours on two pairs (one as back up for the quick turnaround nights, family events, etc) so you can skip doing the maintenance coat that day and just rock the 2nd pair. Invest the time now applying 6-8 coats and just do 1 maintenance coat once a week there after.

On a side note, I don't know if the leather Danner uses is tougher to polish because 5.11 boots took Kiwi Parade Gloss very well whereas my Danner Tachyon took more coats to give it the same shine.

Comment

That was exactly my plan. I have Acadia's and a pair of Striker Torrents. If I keep two pair ready to go, then I can swap out as necessary.

Comment

Many of the recruits at the academy I attended (including myself) brought our belts and boots to Code 7. They do a very good job for very reasonable prices.

Pascual's inside Keystone Uniforms (which I believe is now Galls) in Santa Ana is not a bad choice either. He's a one-man show and is a little pricier, but he does outstanding work and does it right.

Comment

Thanks MandoCop,

I will check both of them out.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6195 users online. 381 members and 5814 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X