300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California Legal Defense Policies

I'm a rookie in San Diego PD and am navigating through the different legal defense plans available for police officers. I joined the San Diego Police Officer Association (SDPOA) and am covered by their legal plan. I heard through the grapevine that the legal defense policy offered through the California Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) is a smart choice to invest in given the present times we live in. I have also heard that the Police Officer's Research Association of California (PORAC) offers its own legal defense policy which is about half the price of FOP. All the information I've gathered has been second or third hand thus far and I'm curious if anyone has any valuable insight or gouge on these legal defense policies and if they are worth the investment. I've done some research on the policies online and called but I realize that I'm a customer on the phone and someone is trying to sell me a product (unlike this site).

PORAC LDF.

FOP is total BS.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• cliffclavin
      cliffclavin commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the input!

PORAC has pit bulls for attorneys, and I would go with them in a heartbeat. However, if I understand things correctly, you can only join their LDF program if your POA is a member of PORAC and they have elected to participate in the PORAC LDF program. Even then, you are limited to whatever PORAC LDF program your POA has chosen for its members (there are several).

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

• cliffclavin
      cliffclavin commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the input!

Let me get this straight. You are a member of the San Diego POA?

Has no one at the POA talked to you about this?

As a member of SDPOA, you receive PORAC’s LDF. I am certain you cannot jointly be members of SDPOA AND whatever FOP chapter exist in your area. It’s one or the other. And the city of San Diego has an MOU with SDPOA not one with FOP.

Currently, SDPOA leadership occupy more than one seat on PORAC’s Board of Directors, including President.
    Last edited by RGDS; 07-21-2020, 01:28 PM.
    semper destravit

Comment

• cliffclavin
      cliffclavin commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the input! I'll reach out to the SDPOA.

PORAC is the way to go, I think if you're a member of SDPOA you're most likely already signed up with them.

The president of PORAC Brian Marvel used to be head of SDPD's POA not long ago.

Comment

• cliffclavin
      cliffclavin commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the input! I'll reach out to the SDPOA.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3495 users online. 201 members and 3294 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X