Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Placer County So

Hello all,

I am working for a bay area SO currently. My family and I are looking to relocate to Auburn/Grass Valley area and I am interested in attempting to lateral to PCSO. I wanted to see if there were any deputies on here with PCSO who would be willing to give me the honest run down of PCSO.

Thanks.

What would you like to know? I don't work for them but I have knowledge of them and I know a few deputies that do.

I think if you pick to work out of Auburn you would have to work the jails for a time, that however may be dated info, not sure if that has changed? If you choose to work in the Tahoe area then you go straight to patrol. Their FTO program is long for laterals in my opinion and it is all done in the Auburn beat area.

They work 4 tens, at least in the Tahoe area. From all that I have heard it is a great place to work and you get paid pretty well. Morale is good. Also if you work the Tahoe area you get a pay stipend, something like $800 bucks more a month. If you choose the Tahoe area you can live in Nevada, which has a way better cost of living. Lots of special assignment opportunities.

Also, if I were you I'd choose the Grass Valley area to live if those are your only choices, it is a lot more affordable and provides for a good country life.

If you have more specific questions, send them and I'll try to get them answered.

Comment

Their Sheriff sure supports the Deputies and doesn’t BS around with crime. I’d work there any day.
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

I have worked with three people who have lateraled from Bay Area PD's to Placer SO. All three had nothing but great things to say and all three made it to assignments outside of patrol within two or three years. I don't think you could go wrong with that choice. Best of luck.
        point am i clear?

Comment

I know guys who have lateraled there as well. All good things from them and in a few years they were applying for things like SWAT, helicopter, and detectives. I just moved away from unincorporated Roseville. Whenever I called PCSO I got good service and the deputies always seemed to be happy with their department.
          If you see me running try to keep up!

Comment

Thanks for the reply’s. Getting some good info.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6174 users online. 376 members and 5798 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X