Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LASD Question

Hello,

I applied in September of 06. Passed poly 2 month ago. I haven't heard nothing since except my BI said that he will visit my neighbors. Can anyone please let me know what the next step should be (psy, medical etc.) and how long it may take. Also, I've been running 3 miles every day and it take me about 28-29 minutes. How bad am I?

Thank you.

hey gene,

Sorry I can't answer any of your questions. However, there's a two year old thread in the LE Job Center forum frequented by LASD hopefuls, recruits, and Deputies...

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32817

good luck
    "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

Originally posted by gene76 View Post
      Hello,

I applied in September of 06. Passed poly 2 month ago. I haven't heard nothing since except my BI said that he will visit my neighbors. Can anyone please let me know what the next step should be (psy, medical etc.) and how long it may take. Also, I've been running 3 miles every day and it take me about 28-29 minutes. How bad am I?

Thank you.
      You are about right on schedule gene. A couple of questions, are there things in your background that may be holding you back? Arrests, drug use, etc...? These things will definitely put the brakes on your process.

I think the new standard for running is something like 1.5 miles in 14 minutes, or somewhere around there. Are you over weight? I mean, not just a few pounds, but well, fat? This may be another reason your background is going a bit slowly.

Good luck, keep us posted...
      Carpe Noctem

Comment

Thank you for your reply. My BI actually visited my neighbors and talked to my wife last week. So it looks like my case is moving. As far as my weight, I'm about 10 pounds over the limit. I ran 1.5 mile on my PT in 13:25. I'll try to do better in coming months. Once again, thank you all for your answers.

Comment

congrats on the process.... i cant wait to be there....

your running sounds good... but make sure your hitting the push ups, mountain climber, 6 inchers and sit ups....

it is going to be fun!!!!

good luck
          keep us posted

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3994 users online. 280 members and 3714 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X