X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laredo
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike_vaughn View Post
    Does anyone know the order of the PFQ events? Trying to simulate the test as accurately as possible when training. Thanks guys.
    The events are:

1.Sit ups
    2.Sprint 300m
    3.Push ups
    4.1.5 mile run
    (in that order)

train with 2 minutes of rest in between. At the actual test they give about 5. It could be less or more depending on how many people take the test with you. Better to prepare for a short rest period.
    Don't underestimate the test. Go all out. Its scored pretty hard compared to other departments. Which is a good thing. You can find the scoring sheet by looking on Google for the LAX police PFQ scoring criteria. They use the same test as LAPD.

When you train for sit ups, don't rely on your legs too much too pull yourself up to your knees. This will make your legs tired for the sprint. Try to do as many as you can by strictly engaging your core. ..if that makes sense

Good luck
    Last edited by Laredo; Today, 12:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mike_vaughn
    replied
    I’m trying to finish the process here with LAPD. Actually really impressed by how organized and helpful everyone within personnel is.

I had to take multiple polygraphs. First one I took I had reactions to 90% of the questions apparently. The detective was super blunt and told me I absolutely bombed it. He more or less told me I probably wouldn’t get a call back from the results. I left pretty disheartened, but I thanked him for his honesty and left.

A few days later I got a phone call about a retake. I retook the poly and made it through quickly. Just super thankful I passed and can move forward.

Leave a comment:

• Mike_vaughn
    replied
    Does anyone know the order of the PFQ events? Trying to simulate the test as accurately as possible when training. Thanks guys.

Leave a comment:

• cperez3
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you sir. The doctor at my medical didn't mention anything about my medical history. I'll wait to hear from my assigned background investigator to see if they will require any of medical paperwork.

In the meantime, I'll start gathering all of the information necessary.

• LA Copper
    replied
    Cruz touched on pretty much everything, just missed the medical stuff. If you take prescription meds, have any ongoing pre-existing medical conditions, or have had any injuries in the past that may appear to inhibit your ability to perform the regular duties of a police officer, then you would need to have any medical related paperwork or doctor's notes.

Leave a comment:

• cruz0311
    commented on 's reply
    Start ordering your transcripts both college and high school. As far as I know LAPD runs your credit in house. Also make sure you have your birth certificate, social security card, valid driver license, selective service registration, marriage papers if married, or divorce decree if divorced, insurance declaration page, DD214 if you were in the military. LAPD will give you a comprehensive list of what they want, but what I mentioned above is pretty much the basics of what a background investigator needs right off the bat. I was a BI for LASD for 3 years and nothing says unprepared like not having this stuff in time for your meet and greet. Good luck!

• cperez3
    replied
    LA Copper,

I just received notice I will be starting my field investigation portion of the hiring process. I want to be well prepared for anything I need to submit. Will I need to be getting transcripts, credit reports, or anything that requires me to go out and get or request. I understand the investigator will be going to my current and past employers as well as my current and past residences to conduct interviews with neighbors, family, and coworkers. I just wanted to see what I could do to get a head start and help the process.

Leave a comment:

• LA Copper
    replied
    Believe me, we have our fair share of rude people out here but I believe you're correct, New York, especially the City, takes the proverbial cake.

Leave a comment:

• Mike_vaughn
    replied
    Originally posted by LA Copper View Post

The weather is much nicer out here....
    The people are a lot less rude also.

Leave a comment:

• LA Copper
    replied

New York
    The weather is much nicer out here....

Leave a comment:

• Mike_vaughn
    replied
    Congrats. Where are you coming from?
    New York

Leave a comment:

• LA Copper
    replied
    Congrats. Where are you coming from?

Leave a comment:

• Mike_vaughn
    replied
    Passed my oral board.

Got the ‘conditional offer’ email, however, I’m assuming everyone gets this once they pass interview?

I have to take the fitness, polygraph, and medical. Plan is to train hard this month and fly out sometime in August.

Can anyone tell me how the fitness test is scored? Not expecting to fail any aspect, but I had trouble finding information on the site regarding: order of events, passing scores, etc.

Leave a comment:

• LA Copper
    replied

Thanks this helped a lot!

Anyone know how long it takes to get results?
    It depends on a number of factors.

- How much of a background you have for the investigators to investigate.

- Any potential medical issues you might have to clear up

- How many candidates are applying at the same time as you. We usually get thousands of people from around the
    country applying every year so that can be a potential factor

- Any potential delays you might have in getting the investigators things like; DD214; high school diploma; college degree; contacts for previous jobs, etc

- Other miscellaneous factors
    Last edited by LA Copper; 07-10-2020, 12:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mike_vaughn
    replied

Sure. Take some time and do a little research about the City and the Department. I used to sit on interview boards and was amazed at how many people didn't know anything, and I mean anything, about us. That's completely unacceptable, especially when you can find out a TON of information on this thing you're looking at now, the computer. Many people didn't even know who the Chief was.

Go to our website, lapdonline.org and learn something about the Department. Also, figure out what the police related problems might be in the City.

Get there early in order to find a parking place. Wear a nice suit, something subdued, not flashy. And don't forget to smile once in a while. Good luck.
    Thanks this helped a lot!

Anyone know how long it takes to get results?

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3412 users online. 159 members and 3253 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X