300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Np Chris.

hey everybody, my mentor said LAPD background unit is backed up. Is anybody experiencing that right now? I am currently waiting for the agency to assign a background investigator.

Also, Happy holidays to you all. Stay safe and healthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Knight675 View Post
      Np Chris.

hey everybody, my mentor said LAPD background unit is backed up. Is anybody experiencing that right now? I am currently waiting for the agency to assign a background investigator.

Also, Happy holidays to you all. Stay safe and healthy.
      Not really surprising when they are talking about layoffs.

Comment

• yeah I am tracking it closely. The mayor just vetoed the bill proposed by the city council. a member of the council is against the layoffs. Also, LAPD is fighting it. Hopefully, something good is going to happen next year.

Comment

• I’m sure it depends on the particular trainee, but what are the typical reasons one doesn’t pass FTO? Any tips and tricks for making it through? Thank you again for your time.
          Last edited by Trevelyan; 12-30-2020, 08:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevelyan View Post
            I’m sure it depends on the particular trainee, but what are the typical reasons one doesn’t pass FTO? Any tips and tricks for making it through? Thank you again for your time.
            Tactics (or lack thereof) are the biggest reason probationers don't make it. Repeatedly doing things that will get you or a fellow officer hurt is the biggest problem that will get you asked to leave. Of course Tactics encompasses a lot of topics so in other words, you need to be on the ball while dealing with suspects in every aspect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevelyan View Post
              I’m sure it depends on the particular trainee, but what are the typical reasons one doesn’t pass FTO? Any tips and tricks for making it through? Thank you again for your time.
              Stay away from dispatchers, explorers/cadets and LAPD camping trips

Comment

• Hey, I am being ask to fly to Southern California for spirometry test. Did anybody have to do this? On the dash board, it shows I passed medical but the doctor sent a letter telling me to do spirometry.

Comment

• Rotorguy90
                  Rotorguy90 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It’s a lung capacity test. Pretty common

• Oh ok I see. I did the medical evaluation on December 7 and he sent out the letter on the 7 about spirometry. I didn’t get it until the 30th. They probably forgot to have me do it there.

Comment

• Is anybody waiting to be assigned an investigator? I called and am still waiting to be assigned a background investigator. I don’t know how long this is going to take since they are backed up.

Comment

• AvidHiker98
                    AvidHiker98 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Can't comment on your specific situation as I just finished the process, but it took about 2 weeks from the time I entered the BI to actually be assigned someone and meet with someone (over the phone)

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3035 users online. 137 members and 2898 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X