X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LuvedMyMotor
    replied
    Originally posted by hbliam View Post
    I wasn't targetting you specifically. You were of course lumped in with my comment though. Of course the video looked bad but so did the LAPD flashlight deal, the LAPD face strike deal, the Inglewood deal, etc, etc. In the end it's all BS.

My point is...how can someone in the business watch anything on TV and then form an opinion when we all know how messed up the media is?

So in answer to your question..."How can I NOT form an opinion...?" Easy, unless I am privey to all the info on the deal I don't. I will say something like..."That looks bad, I wonder what the whole story is."
    Yeah, that's usually my M.O., too. I certainly wouldn't have convicted the guy based solely on what I saw, but I am guilty of having an opinion.

Leave a comment:

• hbliam
    replied
    Originally posted by LuvedMyMotor View Post
    Of course not, but I saw the same video you did. Excuse me for jumping to conclusions, but the video looked BAD. How could you NOT form an opinion when you see something like that? And I wasn't "deciding" his guilt. I just felt he had some 'splaining to do. Guess he did it.
    I wasn't targetting you specifically. You were of course lumped in with my comment though. Of course the video looked bad but so did the LAPD flashlight deal, the LAPD face strike deal, the Inglewood deal, etc, etc. In the end it's all BS.

My point is...how can someone in the business watch anything on TV and then form an opinion when we all know how messed up the media is?

So in answer to your question..."How can I NOT form an opinion...?" Easy, unless I am privey to all the info on the deal I don't. I will say something like..."That looks bad, I wonder what the whole story is."

Leave a comment:

• pulicords
    replied
    Not living in San Bernardino, I didn't keep up on the day to day trial info. Does anyone know who the defense's use of force expert was?

Leave a comment:

• LuvedMyMotor
    replied
    Of course not, but I saw the same video you did. Excuse me for jumping to conclusions, but the video looked BAD. How could you NOT form an opinion when you see something like that? And I wasn't "deciding" his guilt. I just felt he had some 'splaining to do. Guess he did it.
    Last edited by LuvedMyMotor; 06-29-2007, 12:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• hbliam
    replied
    Originally posted by LuvedMyMotor View Post
    Why choose to base an opinion on what I saw? How 'bout because I saw it? Yeah, I get that we didn't know the whole story, but what was shown looked pretty darn bad. That's all.
    You were there when it happened?

Leave a comment:

• LuvedMyMotor
    replied
    Why choose to base an opinion on what I saw? How 'bout because I saw it? Yeah, I get that we didn't know the whole story, but what was shown looked pretty darn bad. That's all.

Leave a comment:

• hbliam
    replied
    We didn't get to see the whole video. Just the usual edited media version. Why any of you would choose to base a decision on that is beyond me. I'm glad the jury saw fit to clear the guy.

Leave a comment:

• LuvedMyMotor
    replied
    Yeah, me, too...and, although I'm sure I'd be a happy camper tonight, the Feds aren't done with him.

Leave a comment:

• InlandEmpire
    replied
    I try so hard not to think of the OJ trial...lol

Leave a comment:

• InlandEmpire
    replied
    I guess the Feds may still file a civil rights case on him,,so the story's not over yet.

Leave a comment:

• LuvedMyMotor
    replied
    Originally posted by InlandEmpire View Post
    Who knows..maybe the jury just felt sorry for him..From what I read, Webb broke down into tears during his attorney's 5 hour closing argument(5 hours,,my gosh )!!
    That must be it...Didn't O.J. "tear up", too?

Leave a comment:

• InlandEmpire
    replied
    Who knows..maybe the jury just felt sorry for him..From what I read, Webb broke down into tears during his attorney's 5 hour closing argument(5 hours,,my gosh )!!

Leave a comment:

• LuvedMyMotor
    replied
    Yeah..I'm happy for the GUY, too, but, come on....what were they thinking? I'm with you...I want to hear from the jury. Maybe they had more video that the media chose not to show...wouldn't be the first time.
    Last edited by LuvedMyMotor; 06-28-2007, 08:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• InlandEmpire
    replied
    Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
    Right there with you! I had this guy's bags already packed for his stay at Chino, while they figured out where to place him.

But, for sure, he's out of a job...and the County of San Berdoo will be cutting a very hefty check to the wounded Airman, and his goofball attorney.
    And for a stress retirement I'm sure.

Leave a comment:

• InlandEmpire
    replied
    I can't wait to hear what the jury has to say about the evidence. I didn't follow the case very close,,but I'm actually happy for the guy.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3099 users online. 160 members and 2939 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X