Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Jose Police Academy

Hey everyone,

I'm not sure how active this forum is anymore but I couldn't seem to find any answers to my question so hopefully I can obtain some information here! I am planning on joining SJPD as I am currently in their process. If things go according to plan, I will be considered for their October 2020 academy. Given that I live halfway across the country in the Midwest, I am trying to figure out where the training academy is located in an attempt to find housing within a reasonable driving distance.

Thank you in advance for any information!

Their Academy is located in San Jose.

Look for housing in San Jose, the rest of Santa Clara County, Fremont, Hayward, and Hollister.
    semper destravit

Comment

• CCCSD
      CCCSD commented
      Editing a comment
      Dude, you are competing with thousands for housing. You may end up commuting hours.

• Nhansen94
      Nhansen94 commented
      Editing a comment
      Competing with thousands for housing...? That's weird, because a simple apartment search for any area in relative distance to San Jose has NUMEROUS vacancies. Sorry for not wanting to have to commute hours, dude.

• RGDS
      RGDS commented
      Editing a comment
      I listed housing in a specific order. You asked for reasonable drive time. I believe their Academy is on the southern side of the city at their substation.

You can live where ever you want. Traffic southbound from the Academy is soul crushing. You and nearly every county and city worker will be on the 85/101 south county crawl. If you go north, it will be a reverse commute until you hit an imaginary line that basically is Blossom Hill Road, where it will be another 8 lane parking lot until you reach you end point.

It’s Silicon Valley. Traffic is terrible. It routinely takes me an hour to go 14 miles.

• eagleI
      eagleI commented
      Editing a comment
      South end of town close to Hwy 101 and Hwy 85.

Remember, you will need a security deposit which is usually one months rent on top of your first month, that could easily be in the 4K to 6k range total.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Nhansen94
      Nhansen94 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I am anticipating that part.

I just literally googled "where is the San Jose Police Academy", and guess what. Their location came up. Or you can always call the Department directly and tell them your situation and I am pretty sure they can help you out. Don't you have a background investigator as well? Not trying to be condescending here but this is common sense stuff. Good luck with the process and like CCCSD said hope you have some cash stashed away, because rent there is not cheap.
    sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    -George Orwell

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9201 users online. 270 members and 8931 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X