300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BART Police?

After a ton of research I’ve narrow down my list and BART is in my top 5. Im interested in them because I have experience working for a specialized agency and the $15k bonus doesn’t hurt either. I haven’t seen much about them in recent years other than they need more cops.

I’m aware of Meserle and the Officer than was accidentally shot and that their public image took a beating in subsequent years.

How proactive are they? Does the citizen review board have a strong influence? Are they allowed/encouraged to take action off BART property? Does everyone report to a central location since BART covers 4 counties?

I was was going to do a ride along but they require you to be an applicant.

They are de-centralized. They have substations their officers report to.

I have heard off property action is discouraged, but the sources of those stories do not work for BART PD.

They have an interesting overtime set up. Something like every day of OT after the first day of OT is double time and half.

They will be covering 5 counties by the end of next year.
    semper destravit

Comment

Originally posted by RGDS View Post
      They will be covering 5 counties by the end of next year.
      This part has me most excited about BART. I can easily see the POA getting another raise due to the increased patrol area.

With the terrible traffic i can I can also see bart extending further east in the further future.

Comment

Bart gets a bad rap, in theory great gig but look at what the officers are going thru right now for enforcing barts rules, no backing and thrown under the bus. Glad I retired I’m done with this nonsense it will only get worse.

Comment

Originally posted by SunDevil View Post
          Bart gets a bad rap, in theory great gig but look at what the officers are going thru right now for enforcing barts rules, no backing and thrown under the bus. Glad I retired I’m done with this nonsense it will only get worse.
          Yeah I read about the sandwich debacle. It almost seems like they get told to only take action on the most serious issues.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12666 users online. 499 members and 12167 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X