300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Cal Officer Needs Advice

In 2oo2, I was terminated by my department for Neglect of Duty and Unsatisfactory Performance. It’s a long story, but I was guilty by association. After an arbitration hearing in 2003, I got my job back. I was happy to be back. Now, 4 years later, I’m being fired again. Since this one is also going to arbitration, I can’t talk about it. What I can state is this is retaliation for the first incident. I have the support of numerous co-workers, but I can’t see going back to this agency. Police work is the only thing I know how to do and the only thing I want to do. Being terminated from an agency makes it difficult getting hired somewhere else, even if it was unwarranted. Anyone out there have any advice.

Originally posted by algrande216 View Post
    In 2oo2, I was terminated by my department for Neglect of Duty and Unsatisfactory Performance. It’s a long story, but I was guilty by association. After an arbitration hearing in 2003, I got my job back. I was happy to be back. Now, 4 years later, I’m being fired again. Since this one is also going to arbitration, I can’t talk about it. What I can state is this is retaliation for the first incident. I have the support of numerous co-workers, but I can’t see going back to this agency. Police work is the only thing I know how to do and the only thing I want to do. Being terminated from an agency makes it difficult getting hired somewhere else, even if it was unwarranted. Anyone out there have any advice.
    Sounds like a good partner of mine - he was terminated on a bogus IA complaint( chief at the time simply hated him ,and everytime he had an IA complaint ,the chief -a real FAT POS-pushed for termination,despite th fact that almost all of the cases didn't warrant it)well that been nearly 5 yrs and counting ,despite arbitration and lower court decision,the City is still trying to uphold the termination,despite the FACT that the incident,supposedly falsifying a rpt,was not his fault,and the FACt he had NEVEr had more than a written reprimand for being tardy( he was an FTO and instructed a trainee to write a rpt on a juvie ped stop).These things can be C/S,especially when you have someone against you in upper supv.Keep your head up,clr your name and hopefully,apply for another Dept,even if its a local School dist.,College PD, or even a Muni Dept that seems less than desireable-somewhere below the radar where those issues can't follow you.You are right- you get canned in this job- you can't come back back from it with out a hard effort,and folks will see you as "tainted".Best advice -get away from where you are.period,or you'll end up being C/S "stress retired"- no CCW,and not desireable to other Depts.........Good luck and Gods mercy......
    "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

I was just talking to my buddy at Madera PD. He told me they just hired a guy who was fired by Fresno PD for unnec. force. I've heard and seen cop after cop get hired after being fired, especially if you can articulate your side to your BI. Look at the good things you have going into your new agency. Experience, etc.. Agency's understand the politics in Departments.
      "Will to Protect....Courage to Fight"

Comment

document, document, document.

what the others said is true. hang in there and weather the storm. there are department's out there that will review the "facts", listen to your side and evaluate for themselves...

trust me, I've seen stuff like that happen too - internal politics and straight up BS... hang in there and good luck.
        ''Life's tough......it's tougher if you're stupid.''
        -- John Wayne

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5906 users online. 330 members and 5576 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X