300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santa Ana PD

Haven't seen a recent thread on Santa Ana so thought I'd start one up. I was in the process for Long Beach, but they've put their process on hold for the time being, not sure why.

But I know a bit about Santa Ana and know it's competitive. My main question is: how many recruits do they tend to hire? From their social media, seems to be a pretty small number each time.

They are down about 65 bodies which is a lot for a department their size. Yes, very selective, as they should be, their city is no joke to work in. They have a good reputation as a very traditional department. I was looking at them to lateral to but made Detective with LASD so I trashed the idea.
    sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    -George Orwell

Comment

Why do you ask how many they tend to hire? Who cares, if you apply prepare the best you can, if you have stuff in your background that you know is going to be an issue then be prepared to explain that. If they dont select you then move on.
      sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
      -George Orwell

Comment

I ask because while I will obviously take any offer that comes my way, my time-off from work is limited. So I'm trying to be a little smart about which departments I might have a slightly higher chance of getting hired if that makes sense.

Comment

I visited Santa Ana PD Backgrounds in late 2017 to review their eSOPH program. At the time they told me they conduct about 300+ backgrounds per year. I would assume that includes all entry level testers to completed BI's. I'm not sure how many actual applicants that translates to though.
          Policebackground.net - Background investigation consulting & forums
          http://www.policebackground.net

Comment

• SoCalHopeful
            SoCalHopeful commented
            Editing a comment
            Good info!

Thanks!

It's a tough city to work in. If you're bilingual in Spanish, you will have an edge. It's a very busy department in probably the roughest area of Orange County. But from what I've seen and heard a good department overall. Just bring your best if you want the job!

Comment

I've heard nothing but good things about Santa Ana. I started the process with them but, when I was applying they were going really slow through the process, which I'm sure is due to the amount of applicants they have. I got picked up by another department so I withdrew from them. It is a rough area though. If you follow their instagram it seems like they are pulling guns off everyone.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8079 users online. 381 members and 7698 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X