300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ammo law

Has anyone bought ammo yet under the new California law? Are law enforcement exempt? I have so many questions.. Or do we have to do the background checks as well? People have said you can’t buy ammo for guns that aren’t registered to you, anyone know? I’ve tried googling, I’ve tried forum searching and so far nothing that really helps. Thanks ahead of time.

I bought ammo the other day for the first time. I went through 4 IDs before I could make the purchase. They wouldn’t accept my License. Wouldn’t accept my credentials (Federal). Wouldn’t accept my US government PIV ID. Luckily I had a passport card on me and they accepted that. I don’t think the calibre/type of ammunition is limited. I definitely wasn’t exempted.
    Last edited by Exbpa340; 08-30-2019, 07:12 PM.
    “Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.” - Steven Wright

US Army MP (95B) 1992-1997
    DOJ Agent/ DHS Officer 1997 to Present

Comment

A CDL works just fine.
      No. There isn’t a correlation between ammo and guns registered.
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

From what I was told at Big 5, ID works just fine. You can skip the wait and pre-register or update your firearms ownership at
        https://cfars.doj.ca.gov/login!displayLogin.do.

The ammo registration crap is matched up to if your purchased a firearm after Jan 1 2014 and uses the address at that time. If moved it will delay your ammo purchase. No there are no law enforcement exceptions.

​​​​​​More info check this site
        https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/apap
        I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

So glad I'm leaving this state...things are getting out of hand.

Comment

I was one of the first people in the door at my local shop the day the law took effect. Poor guys at the counter were stressed beyond belief.

I specifically bought ammo for guns I don’t own and I was able to buy it. It helps if you bought a gun after 2014.

I do not use my LE status unless I absolutely have to. There was no exemption.
            semper destravit

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. A lot of California laws we joke are dumb or stupid but I’m pretty sure this take the cake. What a joke.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4947 users online. 223 members and 4724 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X