Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAPD FTO Manual

Hi,

I'm looking for the LAPD's field training officer manual if anyone has a digital copy that's available. I'd like to get a more in depth look of how the department operates.

Why don’t you get hired with them first? Otherwise that’s not information you need to know.

Comment

Manuals like that are just not floating around! And if one has one, who more than likely is a LAPD officer, he or she is just not going to give you a copy of it.

Most of us have somewhat had an idea what this job entails but its not until you get hired, go through an academy, get out to the field, pass FTO and then there's still things you don't know. I've been on the job 13 years and I still run into things that take me by surprise.

I get the idea of wanting to be prepared and ahead of the curve but seriously as prospective recruit you can impress the interview panel with being in good shape, and having a good general knowledge of whatever federal, state, county or municipal department you want to work for, oh and follow directions and properly fill out your PHS.
      sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
      -George Orwell

Comment

OP has an agenda and is looking for ammo.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

https://post.ca.gov/field-training-program
          Other officer: Oh that's right, I forgot, you're God's gift to police work.
          Me: At least someone recognizes it.

Turns out basic police work isn't so hard, you just have to leave the station.

Comment

Thank you. Good information on there.

Sorry if I sounded vague in my post. I have no hidden agendas. I'm apart of a role-play gaming community and we like to base ourselves off of the LAPD as much as possible + I really am a big enthusiast of the LAPD.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Comment

Originally posted by anotherrecruit View Post

Thank you. Good information on there.

Sorry if I sounded vague in my post. I have no hidden agendas. I'm apart of a role-play gaming community and we like to base ourselves off of the LAPD as much as possible + I really am a big enthusiast of the LAPD.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
              Ummm! That just sounds weird. How exactly is LAPD’s FTO manual going to help you and your “role playing gaming community”? Surely you can come up with a better story than that.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4775 users online. 224 members and 4551 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X