Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Agencies still sending new-hires through SIBC?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agencies still sending new-hires through SIBC?

As title alludes to, what agencies are still using the Specialized Investigator's Basic Course for its employees? GWC seems as the last standing academy still doing it and it looks like mostly county welfare fraud trainees. Reading through other threads, state agencies used to exclusively do the SIBC but virtually all moved to the Regular Basic. Any others?

Maybe the state hospital police investigator. Why not attend a Basic Academy and keep your options open?
    I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

• OuttatheLBC
      OuttatheLBC commented
      Editing a comment
      I like the mission of one of the state agencies (DCA) and live close to GWC. From my time talking to a few of them, seemed to hear some SIBC and some RBC. If I can get in, I think I’d be content with the mostly paper/partly field investigative work of that agency.

But also feeling out if there are any others like that.

State Hospitals academy is not recognized by POST...its neither a Basic or Specialized Course...they do their own thing and just include PC 832 in their academy so they can be called peace officers in the state

Comment

I honestly can’t think of any. Maybe some of the more obscure state agencies like human services and toxic substances where the investigations are not criminal? There is little point to SIBC nowadays. You’re better off doing the full basic academy so you can actually lateral.

Comment

According to an RTO currently instructing at the SIBC right now the following agencies are enrolled...Orange County DA welfare fraud, LA County welfare fraud and state dept. of Social Services. I think state Franchise Tax Board, state dept. of Public Health and state Dental Board also still send recruits. And as the others mentioned state Mental Health / Hospitals and state dept. of Toxic Substances Control.
        Last edited by CA_State_Investigator; 08-26-2019, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CA_State_Investigator View Post
          According to an RTO currently instructing at the SIBC right now the following agencies are enrolled...Orange County DA welfare fraud, LA County welfare fraud and state dept. of Social Services. I think state Franchise Tax Board, state dept. of Public Health and state Dental Board also still send recruits. And as the others mentioned state Mental Health / Hospitals and state dept. of Toxic Substances Control.
          Thanks for the wealth of knowledge here. Had a few detectives from Insurance @ Rio who told me it’s all basic academy for them. And got inconsistent info from the folks at consumer affairs; any chance the latter are still sending new-hires to the SIBC?

Comment

• VICHENZO
            VICHENZO commented
            Editing a comment
            From my understanding, the Department of Consumer Affairs has three subdivisions that employ peace officers, which are the following:

- Enforcement Representative's I/II in the Contractors State License Board (Penal Code 830.3(m))
            - Investigator's in the Dental Board of California (Penal Code 830.3(a))
            - Investigator's in the Division of Investigation (Penal Code 830.3(a))

Each peace officer classification requires different training. Remember the minimum training in the State of California to be considered a peace officer is PC 832.

Originally posted by OuttatheLBC View Post

Thanks for the wealth of knowledge here. Had a few detectives from Insurance @ Rio who told me it’s all basic academy for them. And got inconsistent info from the folks at consumer affairs; any chance the latter are still sending new-hires to the SIBC?
          DCA-DOI (Dept. of Consumer Affairs - Division of Investigations) is no longer sending recruits to SIBC, but Dental Board investigators still go there. Rumor has it Dental Board investigators may be absorbed into DCA-DOI and if that happens then they too will no longer go to SIBC.
          Last edited by CA_State_Investigator; 08-27-2019, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Of you can do a basic Academy go that route. That way your doors are wide open
            I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

It looks like the state hospitals investigators require a full POST Academy

Comment

More state agencies are sending their recruits to a basic academy...the investigators for the Department of Developmental Services and State Hospitals are the only peace officers under their department that participate and are recognized by POST
                Last edited by VICHENZO; 08-29-2019, 10:57 AM.

Comment

The state allows agencies to hire investigators as long as they did a basic or SIBC...so in a department it’s unknown if everyone has a basic or a mixture of both

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4816 users online. 214 members and 4602 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X