300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA Dept of Alcohol Beverage Control

Are there any Agents in here that can shed some light on the amount of openings and timelines.... PM me...thx

Not an agent but I’ve worked with them during a shoulder tap and trying to clamp down on problem liquor stores. They are a fairly well run operation. They’ve been hiring for at least the past 4 years and they are short agents at the moment. I feel it has to do with the comparatively low pay and not too many folks knowing about them.

Comment

Thx for sharing. I finally got ahold of their HR today but I think I am more confused. I am an out of state lateral that is actually in possession of a CA POST Waiver, not just dreaming about it lol. I took PC 832 and Level 2 back in '92 before I moved to AZ. I just finished Fresno City College Requal and got the waiver. ABC does accept the waiver, however, they want a 4 year degree which I will have in 8 months. The way they explained it is I can not apply for an open position until I qualify to take their exam which is only twice a year. Their current advertised openings are for people who already took the Agent exam and are on a eligibility list.

Comment

Originally posted by azcop173 View Post
        Thx for sharing. I finally got ahold of their HR today but I think I am more confused. I am an out of state lateral that is actually in possession of a CA POST Waiver, not just dreaming about it lol. I took PC 832 and Level 2 back in '92 before I moved to AZ. I just finished Fresno City College Requal and got the waiver. ABC does accept the waiver, however, they want a 4 year degree which I will have in 8 months. The way they explained it is I can not apply for an open position until I qualify to take their exam which is only twice a year. Their current advertised openings are for people who already took the Agent exam and are on a eligibility list.
        What’s confusing about it? One of their minimum is a Bachelor’s degree.

Comment

What is confusing about it are two things: 2 year minimum in LE, which I have 24... doesn't specify has to be in CA which it apparently does according to HR. Also, the positions are open and listed on CAL Jobs and anyone can apply. They don't tell you that you can't apply unless you already went to Cerritos or Sacramento CA in the past to take a written test. If u pass, you are placed on a list that apparently lets you apply. I am saying its a stupid system. What LE agency have you heard of saying you can't submit an app before you take a test?
          Last edited by azcop173; 07-03-2019, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Welcome to california

Comment

Welcome to wanting to work for a State agency
              I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

No kidding!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6939 users online. 244 members and 6695 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X