300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresno/Clovis PD???

Can anyone here be nice enough to provide insight?

Morale, equipment, yes or no to take homes, retirement, staffing, outer vests, etc

I said I would never move back to Cali due to taxes/regulations and whatnot... but I may do it to be closer to family if my current plan falls through

Thank you

Clovis PD: One of the higher paid agencies in the CV. Great morale, good equipment, including outer vests, good facilities, and marked ride takehomes. The PD takes a no-nonsense/full-service approach and generally speaking seemed to take care of business. Not the busiest place in terms of crime, but plenty of bleed over from Fresno and other homegrown clients to keep yourself busy. Clovis is a very clean, and safe environment to raise a family. Homes are dirt cheap, good infrastructure, etc.

Fresno PD: Well paid considering cost of living. Average morale, average equipment, old facilities (minus training center and three of the five divisions) excellent training personnel who pride themselves on making sure every boot on the ground is up on training and tactics. Every patrolman has a rifle, Outer vests if you want and take home cars for specialties including some of those based in patrol. Fresno is a very violent, busy city with lots of guns and gangs which will have you going call to call, especially in the summertime. Fresno seems to get forgotten when major metro areas in California are discussed due to it being isolated in the Central Valley. In my opinion, Fresno is very similar to Oakland in terms of crime and the type of place you will get experience quickly. Probably one of the only cities in California over 500K population you can work and still afford to live in a safe community (Clovis) within 20 minutes of whatever division you are assigned.

Central Valley: It is what it is...smog sucks, lots of drugs, gangs, and hot as hell in the summer. Geographically you are contained to the Fresno Metro area because outside of the 50-minute drive to Yosemite ain't nothing else going on until you get to the coast. The metro area of Fresno offers everything most need/want in terms of malls, restaurants, gyms, breweries, concerts...but it's tough to acclimate if you aren't Fresno born and bred. Good freeways and short commutes if any. Community is pretty conservative but that it shifting much like other areas in the state have.
    point am i clear?

Comment

• richardg111
      richardg111 commented
      Editing a comment
      Very clear Sir

Originally posted by 8100 View Post
    Clovis PD: One of the higher paid agencies in the CV. Great morale, good equipment, including outer vests, good facilities, and marked ride takehomes. The PD takes a no-nonsense/full-service approach and generally speaking seemed to take care of business. Not the busiest place in terms of crime, but plenty of bleed over from Fresno and other homegrown clients to keep yourself busy. Clovis is a very clean, and safe environment to raise a family. Homes are dirt cheap, good infrastructure, etc.

Fresno PD: Well paid considering cost of living. Average morale, average equipment, old facilities (minus training center and three of the five divisions) excellent training personnel who pride themselves on making sure every boot on the ground is up on training and tactics. Every patrolman has a rifle, Outer vests if you want and take home cars for specialties including some of those based in patrol. Fresno is a very violent, busy city with lots of guns and gangs which will have you going call to call, especially in the summertime. Fresno seems to get forgotten when major metro areas in California are discussed due to it being isolated in the Central Valley. In my opinion, Fresno is very similar to Oakland in terms of crime and the type of place you will get experience quickly. Probably one of the only cities in California over 500K population you can work and still afford to live in a safe community (Clovis) within 20 minutes of whatever division you are assigned.

Central Valley: It is what it is...smog sucks, lots of drugs, gangs, and hot as hell in the summer. Geographically you are contained to the Fresno Metro area because outside of the 50-minute drive to Yosemite ain't nothing else going on until you get to the coast. The metro area of Fresno offers everything most need/want in terms of malls, restaurants, gyms, breweries, concerts...but it's tough to acclimate if you aren't Fresno born and bred. Good freeways and short commutes if any. Community is pretty conservative but that it shifting much like other areas in the state have.
    Thank you very much, your post has been very useful

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6833 users online. 242 members and 6591 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X