Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LAPD/San Diego PD questions

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • LAPD/San Diego PD questions

    What is the current hiring process time for both of these departments? Is it a several year wait for LAPD? What is the story with San Diego I heard in a couple other forums that pay isnt really good there?

  • #2
    They both have fast processes. LAPD pays better by far. SDPD, even with a recent raise, is the lowest paid in so cal. But then from the stuff I hear on this board, i'd much rather work for SDPD than LAPD.

    Skip both agencies... there is better in so cal. Try LASO, RSO, Anaheim PD, etc.

    And do a search. There is a lot of info on both. Someone asked this last week.
    Get low, get ground, get tactical! Sprawl! Sprawl! Sprawl!

    Comment


    • #3
      SD Sheriff's

      What's wrong with SD Sheriff?

      Comment


      • #4
        On 06/22/07 I will be making $79,987 /year (top step deputy). Not too shabby. IMO San Diego is a better place to live than LaLa land.

        SDSO wage table
        Last edited by jato; 05-05-2007, 03:34 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Hell No With Lapd

          There's no way I would go LAPD. Their own top management doesn't care about them (Chief, Mayor).

          The Mayor came back from Mexico spouting his rhetoric about Police brutality. What about the brutality of the protestors, they threw rocks and bottles full of frozen urine (premeditated).

          Since the Mayor comes from immigrant ancestors, I’m not sure if they were illegal, but he’s helping the protestors first. What kind of crap is that!

          If that’s how they run things there, I’ll steer clear.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DerekFiveO View Post
            What is the current hiring process time for both of these departments? Is it a several year wait for LAPD? What is the story with San Diego I heard in a couple other forums that pay isnt really good there?
            It depends on your definition of several...

            I work here and I've heard anywhere from six months, when times are tough to get qualified recruits, to 30 months.

            Bottom line, why not apply to both and start the process? By the time either one, or both departments, are ready to hire you, you'll be ready to take the position and the paycheck.
            "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

            Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

            Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
              It depends on your definition of several...

              I work here and I've heard anywhere from six months, when times are tough to get qualified recruits, to 30 months.

              Bottom line, why not apply to both and start the process? By the time either one, or both departments, are ready to hire you, you'll be ready to take the position and the paycheck.
              There are guys getting hired in 4 months at LAPD these days. They are having a tough time filling classes like every other department in So Cal.

              Comment


              • #8
                Ooops Wrong Tread!!! What Was I Thinking!!!
                Last edited by MSoCal; 05-05-2007, 03:40 PM. Reason: WRONG THREAD, SORRY DIDNT GET MY REDBULL YET
                My LAPD Process
                PQE - 7/07 - PASSED
                PAT 1 - 7/24 - PASSED
                Prelim BI - 7/25 - PASSED
                Poly - 7/26 - PASSED
                Oral - 09/15 - PASSED
                Medical/Written Psych - 09/27 PASSED
                Backgrounds - In Progress
                Oral Psych - TBD
                Cert. & Appointment - TBD

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by hbliam View Post
                  There are guys getting hired in 4 months at LAPD these days. They are having a tough time filling classes like every other department in So Cal.
                  The parking or lack there of at the academy would suggest otherwise
                  LAPD

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by novmike View Post
                    What's wrong with SD Sheriff?
                    I couldn't work for an agency where the car computer sends an automatic message to the watch commander each time the vehicle goes above 80 MPH. Lots of good people there though, and some cool places to work, and assignments.
                    Get low, get ground, get tactical! Sprawl! Sprawl! Sprawl!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      why would you even be going 80mph on the local streets? unless it's a code 3 call.

                      and you'd rather work for SDPD, where you need a Sgt's approval to make arrests?
                      Last edited by ask80; 05-05-2007, 08:20 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ask80 View Post
                        why would you even be going 80mph on the local streets? unless it's a code 3 call.

                        and you'd rather work for SDPD, where you need a Sgt's approval to make arrests?
                        Why would you be going 80 MPH on a code 3 call unless it's to assist an Officer?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ask80 View Post
                          why would you even be going 80mph on the local streets? unless it's a code 3 call.

                          and you'd rather work for SDPD, where you need a Sgt's approval to make arrests?


                          A Sgt's approval to make arrests? what are you talking about? please do some research before posting blatantly incorrect information about another agency on here.

                          And as far as 80 mph...I will neither confirm or deny anything, I will just say...you've never worked graveyards on the weekend in a big city, have you?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by hbliam View Post
                            Why would you be going 80 MPH on a code 3 call unless it's to assist an Officer?
                            Youre joking right? Thats the normal flow of traffic on the freeways. Some major streets too.
                            Get low, get ground, get tactical! Sprawl! Sprawl! Sprawl!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by nobody33 View Post
                              I couldn't work for an agency where the car computer sends an automatic message to the watch commander each time the vehicle goes above 80 MPH. Lots of good people there though, and some cool places to work, and assignments.
                              That's an urban myth.

                              The Explorers do have an engine brake that won't let you go over 100 mph though.
                              Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 2840 users online. 159 members and 2681 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X