300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Agencies to Lateral To?

I’m currently working for a specialized school agency and I’m looking to lateral to another agency. I love my current agency because everyone is laid back but there is no real upward mobility. Im unsure if I want to stick with other specialized agencies or if I should try for a municipal agency. I’m just looking for some recommendations. I’m in the Bay Area but I am looking in the LA/IE area too. Thanks.

Originally posted by NorCalAspirant View Post
    I’m currently working for a specialized school agency and I’m looking to lateral to another agency. I love my current agency because everyone is laid back but there is no real upward mobility. Im unsure if I want to stick with other specialized agencies or if I should try for a municipal agency. I’m just looking for some recommendations. I’m in the Bay Area but I am looking in the LA/IE area too. Thanks.
    What is your definition of a "good agency?"

One that will promote you the minute you walk in the door?

My friend's agency just picked up a guy who said the same thing (about "upward mobility.") I asked him how long he researched the new agency because he just stepped into the door of a place that hasn't promoted anyone in the past 3-4 years.

Earn your reputation!

Sorry, just sick of hearing the same 'ol tune from the entitled millennials.

Comment

• Boot1811
      Boot1811 commented
      Editing a comment
      How do you know OP is a millennial?

• azcop173
      azcop173 commented
      Editing a comment
      You can tell by the hair...

Originally posted by LA1942 View Post

What is your definition of a "good agency?"

One that will promote you the minute you walk in the door?

My friend's agency just picked up a guy who said the same thing (about "upward mobility.") I asked him how long he researched the new agency because he just stepped into the door of a place that hasn't promoted anyone in the past 3-4 years.

Earn your reputation!

Sorry, just sick of hearing the same 'ol tune from the entitled millennials.
    An agency where your back up doesn’t act like doing actual proactive work is a chore.

An agency with with a wider variety of assignments.

An agency with good morale.

An agency that backs their officers.

Comment

An agency where your back up doesn’t act like doing actual proactive work is a chore.

And where is this unicorn agency? No where me thinks. But based on your requirements you want a medium sized (think 200+) city or county department to go to if you want a wide variety of assignments.
      Last edited by nobodyjr; 06-18-2019, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nobodyjr View Post

and where is this unicorn agency? No where me thinks."
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^ 1000 percent

Comment

Did you do ANY research prior to getting hired on? If you think other departments don't look at guys jumping ship to departments, your wrong. The grass is not always greener. There are several places hiring in the LA area
          I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

You can only pick one of these, lol.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9486 users online. 487 members and 8999 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X