X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eastvale CA considering own PD

https://anapr.com/2019/04/22/eastval...e-police-dept/

Riverside Sheriffs costing too much so they are considering their own PD

Well I hope they do it. More police departments in the state would be a good thing. Plus RSD is still sorting itself out even with the new sheriff.

Comment

• moparfan
      moparfan commented
      Editing a comment
      CA has more police departments than any other state. And more specialized departments than other state.

RSO has a stronghold on Riverside County municipalities. As an out of state lateral with a CAPOST waiver, I need options. I am waiting on Menifee but I don't know how much longer they will be. Eastvale would be nice too but that is too far ahead in the future. Maybe Hemet will work out...

Comment

Victorville fire just dumped their county contract in March and saved a ton of money with pension changes and left ten years of pension liability with the county. Big savings with going full PERPA employees. Smart municipalities are going to dump their contracts and leave the counties to deal with the unfunded pension liabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by azcop173 View Post
        RSO has a stronghold on Riverside County municipalities. As an out of state lateral with a CAPOST waiver, I need options. I am waiting on Menifee but I don't know how much longer they will be. Eastvale would be nice too but that is too far ahead in the future. Maybe Hemet will work out...
        Menifee is about a year out. They are in the process of hiring some administrators.

Hemet.?.?...yeah, maybe if I was a young gunfighter again. If you go there, expect to be very busy. It's a s**thole.

Comment

• azcop173
          azcop173 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea, I 10-22'd on Hemet.... I just did 25, not looking to save the world.....that place needs a lot of work. Last time I was there in the 90's, the only gang was the blue hair gang of south side Sun City lol

Any word on the City moving forward? Seems like it's all contract stuff not being meet. But can the City truly fund its own PD and how is the process going to be? Will they start out with a detective unit as well? K9 and SWAT can be added as time goes. I'm all for a City funding its own PD,A BUT do they have the tax base to support it with salaries, insurance and so on?
        I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

Originally posted by moparfan View Post
          Any word on the City moving forward? Seems like it's all contract stuff not being meet. But can the City truly fund its own PD and how is the process going to be? Will they start out with a detective unit as well? K9 and SWAT can be added as time goes. I'm all for a City funding its own PD,A BUT do they have the tax base to support it with salaries, insurance and so on?
          I know the major he is ex lapd so im sure he is serious about it.

Comment

Originally posted by urbancommando View Post

I know the major he is ex lapd so im sure he is serious about it.
            The "major?" I didn't know Menifee PD is going to have a "major..??.."

Mopar,

Yeah, they're serious (the Menifee deal/Don't know about Eastvale.) I believe they'll be hiring everyone (potential laterals, admin, etc) under CalPERS-PEPRA (2.7 @ 57), so there is quite a bit of savings there. I'm not sure how the configuration will work, but the man behind most of it is the retired chief of Hemet PD, Dave Brown. I've found him to be someone of great character & integrity.
            Last edited by LA1942; 06-18-2019, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LA1942 View Post

The "major?" I didn't know Menifee PD is going to have a "major..??.."

Mopar,

Yeah, they're serious (the Menifee deal/Don't know about Eastvale.) I believe they'll be hiring everyone (potential laterals, admin, etc) under CalPERS-PEPRA (2.7 @ 57), so there is quite a bit of savings there. I'm not sure how the configuration will work, but the man behind most of it is the retired chief of Hemet PD, Dave Brown. I've found him to be someone of great character & integrity.
              Okay grammar naxi im on mobile you know what i meant.

I was referring to the mayor of Eastvale

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8027 users online. 407 members and 7620 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X