X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blizz
    replied
    Be ready for a new one:

1. You have completed 34 weeks of POST basic academy, 6 months of field training, and you are two days shy of completing your probationary period:

A citizen has recorded you engaging in a use of force which is both within policy, and within the law. This video has been uploaded to YouTube and the community is upset

Do you:

A. Resign
    B. Wait to be terminated without cause, as you're still a probationary employee.

Choose carefully.

Leave a comment:

• KJB
    replied
    We did some scenarios in front of a bunch of Jr. Cadets for a local PD. It was pretty interesting having not only kids but local LEOs and some big wigs for the Training Center there as well. The most impressive thing was that only one F-Bomb was dropped that day.

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    replied
    ^^^^Excellent advice!!^^^^^^^^^^^

Leave a comment:

• FormerPotato
    replied
    you should've been given a scenario book. It literally tells you step by step what you need to do for each scenario. Hit every box, pass every scenario. for the final post mandated scenarios, They aren't trying to surprise you. The scenarios you do at the academy with your training officers will be way harder than the final ones. All i can recommend is to volunteer for as many scenarios as possible and get the reps.

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    replied
    I sent two role-players to the ER... NEVER grab at my baton...EVER.

( minor sutures and one blown out knee).

Leave a comment:

• RGDS
    replied
    ^^^^^^

haha. Be one of “those” people!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    replied
    Have fun with them. Go off their track and apply laws they didn’t include.

Leave a comment:

• NorCalAspirant
    replied
    Not really. Just do it. Don’t overthink it. Honestly, academy scenarios are BS. The real world isn’t as robotic.

Leave a comment:

• Smarques
    replied
    Not scared honestly just nervous. I was in the car business for 10 years and have no problem talking to people.

Leave a comment:

• RGDS
    replied
    I looked the scenarios as the closest thing to actually doing the job. They gave us a couple of days where the whole day was scenarios.

If you are scared during this, you will struggle in the real world. Review your LDs and whatever policies they gave you.

Leave a comment:

• BP3
    replied
    I considered myself a real take charge type of person. Additionally being a New Yorker instills a certain type of confidence that borders on aggression.

First scenario in the academy my legs felt like noodles and my voice was shaky, and it was a simple scenario. I passed the scenario but it was humbling that I wasn’t my usual loud and annoying self.

That feeling passed after I did more scenarios, and got more comfortable how to address a situation.

Also, read/understand the material and pay attention to the instructor debrief. If you know the material, you gain the confidence you need to do the job.

Leave a comment:

• JaredO
    replied
    Best advice I can give is to learn from them. I did poorly on a few scenarios when I was in the academy but they also taught me the most. It’s natural to feel nervous just don’t let it snowball into causing officer safety issues. Learn from your experiences. They set these scenarios up for a reason. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Leave a comment:

• Smarques
    started a topic Police academy scenarios

Police academy scenarios

I’m in the academy and for whatever reason I get really nervous through the scenarios. Any help with that . Also what to expect in each of the scenarios and what they might be? I’ve read the scenario grading guide but still
    sometimes they throw things in there .

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5228 users online. 307 members and 4921 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X