300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MacArthur Park "Melee"

From watching a local LA station on my satellite dish it appears to me that the people who are causing the most fallout from the situation are the news media themselves.

A female reporter and camerawoman caught in the middle of it were indignant that they weren't given the proper attention (she exhibited the "Don't You Know Who I Am? syndrome that seems so prevalent out there) screaming "You can't treat me like that!" and "I want your name!" to the officer who was trying to point out the exit to the park to her. When she was interviewed by her co-workers for the story she lamented her years of reporting, saying she had never been so scared.

My tv screen was full of closeups of illegal's-'rights'-protesters showing off the bruises they got from the beanbags, and this A.M. a small group of people demanded Chief Bratton's resignation. They were complaining about how they had no warning that this could even happen, that women and children were placed at risk. I see whiney liberals in front of the camera saying how they were "roughed up."

I understand there was a group of people in that park that intentionally provoked the circumstances, throwing rocks and bottles at the police line.

What is the deal with people out there?? Especially post 9-11. When a cop in riot gear pointing a baton at them tells them to get out--that it's time to leave the area, why can't they understand that if they don't start moving they are going to be wishing they had?

It's unbelievable how this is being portrayed in your local media. It seems they would rather support the protester's side then their own police forces.

Here Come The Lawsuits

You know, lawsuits will be non-stop from this event.

LA is a lost cause, it's out of control with ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS, at this point in time there is no way to stop illegal people from coming here in the U.S.

Supposedly, there are 12 million illegal people here, can you imagine, in 5-10 years, that will triple the amount of illegal immigrants here.

Comment

Assimilated within the peaceful demonstrators were approximately 100 radical, left-wing, splinter idots that caused the problems. They were the ones running about with their faces covered. They chose to block the roadway and encouraged others to do so.

When told to get back onto the sidewalk, the idiots began pelting the officer with FROZEN water bottles, rocks and debris. The officers retaliated with a strong display of force.

Unfortunately, there were a number of innocents who were targeted and were collateral injuries.

The media were among the demonstrators. They normally remain behind the police lines; but, for some reason did not and they too became a part of the melee. Those are the chances they take in trying to cover a story. Happens in the Middle East also!.

If you will note the media representatives were predominantly Hispanic-Americans. No Caucasions or African-Americans. Even with media logos on the cameras and microphones, the officers cannot be assured they are legitimate when trying to move the crowd. Radicals have been known to use similar logos to avoid LE actions in the past. When the command to move is given there are no exceptions - everyone must move and clear the area.

Bruises from rubber projectiles heal without scars. They would not have been struck if they had complied with the directives.

There are many hours of video that must be reviewed, please don't be judgemental until YOU have reviewed all of the data available.
      Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

viva la reconquista !! you "EVIL" gringos- you STOLE this land from the innocent true owners and now,they're children are "simply returning" to claim what is rightfully THEIRS( after you built it up of course and made it bountiful and wealthy!!) but seriously , just be glad that most of us aren't LAPD in this picture-they have an impossible job- policing the nations 2nd largest city where NOBODY gives a damn .Funny but these same protesters for "rights" they don't deserve,won't go " south" and protest-wonder why?( maybe the fact that you can't SUE the people who'll BASH your brains in for asking to be taken care of down there)
        "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

Mexica-movement

I heard that a group called the Mexica-Movement are saying the USA belongs to them. They are infiltrating into the US, numbers are unknown.

Can you imagine what 20-30 million of these people are capable of?

Mike

USMC/RET.

Comment

20 million of them, 280 million of us. They had their chance in the past and didn't fight hard enough.
            Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Originally posted by SgtCHP View Post
              Assimilated within the peaceful demonstrators were approximately 100 radical, left-wing, splinter idots that caused the problems. They were the ones running about with their faces covered. They chose to block the roadway and encouraged others to do so.

When told to get back onto the sidewalk, the idiots began pelting the officer with FROZEN water bottles, rocks and debris. The officers retaliated with a strong display of force.

Unfortunately, there were a number of innocents who were targeted and were collateral injuries.

The media were among the demonstrators. They normally remain behind the police lines; but, for some reason did not and they too became a part of the melee. Those are the chances they take in trying to cover a story. Happens in the Middle East also!.

If you will note the media representatives were predominantly Hispanic-Americans. No Caucasions or African-Americans. Even with media logos on the cameras and microphones, the officers cannot be assured they are legitimate when trying to move the crowd. Radicals have been known to use similar logos to avoid LE actions in the past. When the command to move is given there are no exceptions - everyone must move and clear the area.

Bruises from rubber projectiles heal without scars. They would not have been struck if they had complied with the directives.

There are many hours of video that must be reviewed, please don't be judgemental until YOU have reviewed all of the data available.
              I hear you--and I don't think the cops did enough--they were putting up with a hell of alot from people that think they have some kind of "right" to stand their ground. To review the tapes is redundant---anyone that sees some kind of violation involving the LEOs is a fool. Bratton should've said from the onset that those in a public setting that is an "attractive nuisance" to hell-raisers ought to expect that they by default are in a position to receive anything and everything that could possibly happen.

The local liberal media is trying to shape the public opinion--that's essentially what I was trying to say. And I've always tried to ignore it because I like the novelty of KTTV from my chair in NE. But the shine has almost worn off them---they are just wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by novmike View Post
                I heard that a group called the Mexica-Movement are saying the USA belongs to them. They are infiltrating into the US, numbers are unknown.

Can you imagine what 20-30 million of these people are capable of?

Mike

USMC/RET.
                Have you heard of MEXIFORNIA?

http://www.city-journal.org/html/12_2_do_we_want.html
                Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Not To Pinpoint Hispanics

It appears that more than just Hispanic people are crossing the border.

Koreans
                  Chinese
                  and we know terrorist are also streaming across.

The majority is though Hispanic, considering most of the population in the South is of Hispanic decent.

It's time to build a wall.

Comment

Viva Lapd! God Bless You Guys!

Comment

Mr. Gorbachev, build that wall!
                      Last edited by novmike; 05-04-2007, 01:46 PM. Reason: deleted my writing

Comment

I'll never understand how you survive on the left coast. Your chief stabs you in the back, illegal aliens claim you violated their rights (to what I don't know), and your state and city pander to the lowest common denominator of society. And you still suit up every day. I wouldn't have the patience. God bless you all, and be safe. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by novmike View Post
                          You know, lawsuits will be non-stop from this event.

LA is a lost cause, it's out of control with ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS, at this point in time there is no way to stop illegal people from coming here in the U.S.

Supposedly, there are 12 million illegal people here, can you imagine, in 5-10 years, that will triple the amount of illegal immigrants here.

Ending illegal immigration would be very simple. All it takes is for three people to talk to each other. the director of the social security administration, the director of the IRS and the director of the INS.

It has been the law for over 80 years that all employers have to report the SSN's of their employees to the social security administration, for the purposes of accruing SSN benefits. If the SSN folks just talked to the INS and ran every SSN number through the IRS, to see if there are duplicates or forgeries, then the employers can be told "hey that numbers no good it is a crime to employ that person," then the job market dries up and so the illegals will be asking for a ride back home. Simple, no new laws, no heavy handed techniques. So why dont they do it? Because the Reps want the employees and the Dems want the votes from the illegals relatives. Period.
                          Originally posted by FJDave
                          GM, you have just set the bar that much higher for the rest of us in our witty, sarcastic responses. I yield to you! Good job, kind Sir!

District B13
                          "We are not cops nor Feds." yet he still poses as an officer Hmmmm

Grant us grace, fearlessly, to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression.--WWII memorial

"I have loved justice and hated iniquity, therefore I die in exile."

Pope Gregory V II

Comment

MacAurthur Park is completely ringed with digital video cameras. There was an officer assigned to collect streaming images of all the protestor/agitator actions. I can only hope that officer captured everything that led up to the 37MM deployement for crowd control. We'll see later on, but I'm sure it will be long after I'm retired.
                            "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
                              MacAurthur Park is completely ringed with digital video cameras. There was an officer assigned to collect streaming images of all the protestor/agitator actions. I can only hope that officer captured everything that led up to the 37MM deployement for crowd control. We'll see later on, but I'm sure it will be long after I'm retired.
                              Hey,Sarge! we use 40 MMs( bigger "thump" )-but knowing our "politically correct house-its probably better to take a bottle to the old K-pot and go IOD.Sadly ,the video will never make CNN or be brought up by Mack or anyone else on the Commission............
                              "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5346 users online. 310 members and 5036 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X