300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Los Angeles School Police?

I just saw these guys while on a trip down south but I didn’t have a chance to do a ride along to learn a bout them. I work at a similar agency and have been yearning to lateral to the LA area. info on this site is pretty old.

Anyone know if they are an actual proactive PD or are they more like security police around the schools?
    Are they lateral friendly as in shortened FTO, higher salary step, maybe quicker dibs on special assignments?
    Hows morale?
    Do they have a new contract yet? Most recent I could find expired in 2017.

They pay and gig us not bad. They are in the LA school retirement not the Cities retirement. They are so so on proactiveness. Most new officers will have weekends off with one day off during the week. You work a 4/3 schedule. For whatever reason LAPD handles most stuff. They do have motors and K9. They had a SRT aka SWAT, but LAPD said "There's only room for one LA SWAT Team" I have family that work for schools, non sworn, and say they don't do much law enforcement. Go see for yourself and decide
    I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

Only thing i remember about school PD was one put out a help call on a couple taggers, and another shot an LAPD officer with a shotgun while doing a search of a school

Comment

Originally posted by urbancommando View Post
        Only thing i remember about school PD was one put out a help call on a couple taggers, and another shot an LAPD officer with a shotgun while doing a search of a school
        Was that in the distant past? Don’t see anything recent

Comment

Originally posted by urbancommando View Post

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalAspirant View Post

Early 2000s

Comment

I remember talking to one of their officers at a recruiting booth years back. I couldn't really get a straight answer on what their patrol areas were. "Well, we patrol the schools and around the schools."

"Right...but isn't that LAPD area?"
              "Well primarily yeah, but anything school related is ours."

Other officer: Oh that's right, I forgot, you're God's gift to police work.
              Me: At least someone recognizes it.

Turns out basic police work isn't so hard, you just have to leave the station.

Comment

Originally posted by Blizz View Post
                I remember talking to one of their officers at a recruiting booth years back. I couldn't really get a straight answer on what their patrol areas were. "Well, we patrol the schools and around the schools."

"Right...but isn't that LAPD area?"
                "Well primarily yeah, but anything school related is ours."

They probably have concurrent jurisdiction focused mainly on the schools and associated people. A lot of school district police are like that.

Comment

Dont forget the one that shot himself at El Camino High School and then put out a help call saying he got shot by a Male black suspect who fled.....causing a response of astronomical proportions. I responded to that one....circus.

Comment

Alright I guess I gotta contact them for a ride along. They can’t be that bad of a PD....

Comment

Don't think of them to much as a "real" PD. They don't handle a whole lot. Even things that occur on school grounds get passed over to LAPD for the most part. I know someone who witnessed a DUI TC on school grounds. School PD was their. They detained and called for LASD to respond. LASD was ****ed. They made a comment, "thought you guys were cops" this person was so drunk it would've been easy to write the paper. They are good in the sense of all new officers work day shift with weekends off and a day off during the week.

Their motors just write tickets. Question is why do you want to move to SoCal, have you seen the price of rent, commute times?

I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

Originally posted by moparfan View Post
                        Don't think of them to much as a "real" PD. They don't handle a whole lot. Even things that occur on school grounds get passed over to LAPD for the most part. I know someone who witnessed a DUI TC on school grounds. School PD was their. They detained and called for LASD to respond. LASD was ****ed. They made a comment, "thought you guys were cops" this person was so drunk it would've been easy to write the paper. They are good in the sense of all new officers work day shift with weekends off and a day off during the week.

Their motors just write tickets. Question is why do you want to move to SoCal, have you seen the price of rent, commute times?
                        Thats incredibly disappointing to hear they don’t do a whole lot even in their jurisdiction. That’s the opposite of my current agency; if it’s on school property or school related, we handle it period. My city’s PD will throw us stuff even if it isn’t school related.

I will still do a ride along but what I’m hearing here has tempered my enthusiasm a bit.

I live in the Bay Area LOL! SoCal would be cheaper to me. Plus Most of my family is there.

Comment

• SunDevil
                          SunDevil commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Having worked for a specialized agency before, I have a very strong feeling that call was made by a supervisor, not the officers on scene. As for the other mud thrown, **** happens in all agencies. Never knew a lausd school cop that went to federal prison. I used to know lausd cops back in the day but don’t know how it is now, they liked it well enough. Check it out, you already know the politics with dealing with the “kids” so it might be a good place for you.
                          Last edited by SunDevil; 06-11-2019, 01:05 AM.

There are lots of other departments here in So Cal for you to try besides LAUSD PD. Don't give up on that in case you don't like what you see after you do your ride along with them.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12722 users online. 475 members and 12247 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X