Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Warrant for attempted sign in and Password Reset

Hi all,

New to the forum, is there any chance of finding location informatrion for a attempted sign in and password reset on a google account?

Long story short, arson victim stating person has attempted to access her google account to access her GPS location. Peron of interest has a history of stalking and using google / onstar to track the victims location.

Yes, search warrant Google for the IP logs for that users account and specifically request to include IP info for attempted logins and password resets for the time period it occurred. You then will need to do further work if you get a good IP hit and I don't mean a Starbucks loc...

Comment

• TheCodyMatthew
      TheCodyMatthew commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice, i figured the IP would have been saved during the attempted reset. Down the rabbit hole I go trying to get Google to play nice i guess. Thanks for the info
      Last edited by TheCodyMatthew; 05-06-2019, 09:41 PM.

And don’t forget his O.com account...
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• TheCodyMatthew
      TheCodyMatthew commented
      Editing a comment
      Not familiar with O.com

Originally posted by TheCodyMatthew View Post
    Hi all,

New to the forum, is there any chance of finding location informatrion for a attempted sign in and password reset on a google account?

Long story short, arson victim stating person has attempted to access her google account to access her GPS location. Peron of interest has a history of stalking and using google / onstar to track the victims location.
    Let us know if you get an "A" on your AJ assignment......

Comment

T-Mobile had a great turn around time..... They got my Warr on thursday, emailed me the results by Saturday. Google, not so helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCodyMatthew View Post
        Hi all,

As SeizeandFreeze said, IP logs.

Don't forget to request Google Location History too.
        Other officer: Oh that's right, I forgot, you're God's gift to police work.
        Me: At least someone recognizes it.

Turns out basic police work isn't so hard, you just have to leave the station.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9952 users online. 388 members and 9564 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X