300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to take the Pellet B

Im currently applying to get into the Basic Academy at BCTC Starting Early July and i need to find somewhere to take the Pellet B test to achieve a certain T-Score to be admitted. I have tried calling several departments and asking if they give out the test without being in their hiring process and they either do their own test now or don't give it out unless you are in the hiring process. The issue is BCTC doesn't give out the pellet B anymore and you have to do college assessment testing which i'd rather not do. The P.O.S.T website clearly states "Contact law enforcement agencies and/or basic training academies in your area to determine if they are administering the PELLETB (some agencies also refer to it as the “POST Reading and Writing Test”). " Yet i can't find a single one. Any help is appreciated thank you guys!

Try Rio Hondo College...If I was you, I would not self sponsor...so many law enforcement agencies are hiring...why not get paid and have the agency pay for your training?

Comment

Originally posted by VICHENZO View Post
      Try Rio Hondo College...If I was you, I would not self sponsor...so many law enforcement agencies are hiring...why not get paid and have the agency pay for your training?
      Thank you for your help sir and I have a reason for self Sponsor. Long story short My family is moving the family business pretty much right after the Academy ends and we plan on moving up north where I have several Family members in the same department I want to work for.

Comment

Originally posted by Aten1998 View Post

Thank you for your help sir and I have a reason for self Sponsor. Long story short My family is moving the family business pretty much right after the Academy ends and we plan on moving up north where I have several Family members in the same department I want to work for.
        Or you could just wait until you move north and apply directly to the department you wish to join.......

But if you are having difficulty figuring out where to take a test that is literally administered in hundreds of places and is on a publicly available website, you have a difficult path ahead....

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalAspirant View Post

Or you could just wait until you move north and apply directly to the department you wish to join.......

But if you are having difficulty figuring out where to take a test that is literally administered in hundreds of places and is on a publicly available website, you have a difficult path ahead....
          Thank you for your help sir it’s really appreciated! I have called 35+ dapartments asking if they administer the Pellet B exam without being in their hiring process and they don’t. Also I don’t plan on waiting and applying to a department when I can complete the academy and possibly head straight into FT in a year or so when we make the move. Also I wouldn’t think I would have a difficult path ahead considering my previous applications and job offers I’m just asking for help after I have done my own research and found nothing. Thank you for your insight though!

Comment

just take the test with a department then withdraw from the hiring process.

Or apply for the department you're already planning on joining since you seem pretty positive on getting a job with them.

I'll echo though, self sponsoring is rough and expensive. At the end of the day though, you do you. Also, be aware that even if you self sponsor, there's potential for any department that hires you to require you to go through an academy again as a sponsored recruit. We have several of those in my class. So a year and a half of academy could be on your horizon.

Comment

Police Academys give the test. The POST website might have a list of the locations.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7673 users online. 369 members and 7304 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X