300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAPD rotational assignment?

I've heard talks that LAPD assignments, specifically detectives, are rotational? Had no idea and I thought/have read a lot about hard working detectives retiring after 15-20+ years of investigations? Was there a semi recent policy change I hadn't heard about?

What exactly are referring to when you say, "rotational?" Are you asking if they rotate through different tables or out of detectives to a different assignment?

Comment

• rich4999
      rich4999 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey LA copper, I meant mandatory rotation out of detectives into a different assignment. A friend of a friend that works for LAXPD said his LAPD academy mates told him that? Can you confirm? I didn't think there was any assignment rotation for LAPD unless there was a recent policy change.

We don't have an official rotation system within the LAPD like some other departments do. I'm guessing what you're referring to is the managed attrition some of our folks recently experienced. Some of our Command Staff decided to put more people, including some detectives back to patrol divisions and out of specialized units. This was to better handle calls for service from the public.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9815 users online. 468 members and 9347 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X